4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2007 5:16 AM by deadlines

Clearspace Markup Notation Guide?

Hi,

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I was wondering if there is a built-in notation guide that displays all of the markup Clearspace will accept.  To be honest, I do not like the rich text editor and have run into multiple formatting issues with it, consequently I feel much more comfortable simply editing documents in plain text using markup. 

That being said, there doesn't seem to be any documentation laying out what markup Clearspace will accept.  Through trial and error I've found several different bits that will work, but it would be a really nice feature to add a link to a markup notation guide into Clearspace (like Confluence has).  I placed this in the support forum in case this already exists and I'm just overlooking it, if not feel free to move this to the feature request forum.

Cheers

Message was edited by: deadlines

• Re: Clearspace Markup Notation Guide?

The clearspace markup is highly customizable (in the admin console check out spaces > settings > filters and macros.)

If you want you could include documenation for how you have your macros set up through the space customization (new to clearspace 1.6)

• Re: Clearspace Markup Notation Guide?

I realize it's highly customizable, but that doesn't really have anything to do with my question...  The basic issue is laying out a guide for folks who want to use plain text mode and giving them some idea of what markup commands Clearspace will handle.  To be honest, I don't have time to sit around using trial and error to create a notation guide, nor should I be expected to.  Frankly I'm surprised that this wasn't included, Confluence has a great one which shows rendered examples as well as the actual markup.  I still prefer Clearspace over Confluence for multiple other reasons, but this is a feature that would take very little effort on Jive's part and really enhance the experience for new users.