3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2007 4:19 PM by SP3CTR3

License COunt

I have just installed Clearspace Evaluation and have run into a small issue.  I originally installed the base DN  as dc=domainname,dc=ca.  This grabbed the entire user list under my Active Directory listing.  I have since modified the base DN to start specifically at an OU containing clearspace users.  However the license count is still showing that I am over the 5 seat count.  Only the 2 users currently in the clearspace OU are listed under people so I am unable to disable the other users.

How do I reset the license count to show only the 2 users that are currently being given access?

Thanks

JP

• Re: License COunt

Have you tried rebooting your server?  It seems like that might refresh that information.  Failing that,  you might try clearing the user caches (User Rosters seems particularly suspect)

Cheers,

Chase

hi SP3CTR3,

That's actually the way that our LDAP integration currently works, which means that all those users were actually imported into the system. There are two ways to get rid of them: delete all the users you don't want or stop your app server, delete the existing database and set 'setup' to true in the file jive_startup.xml and then restart your app server (effectively you're re-installing). 

In version 1.7, we've made some improvements to the LDAP setup process so that you can either specify that you want to use LDAP groups (which means we'll import all the users that match the baseDN you specify) or that you want to use Clearspace groups (which means we'll only import users as they login to Clearspace).

Cheers,

AJ

Thanks AJ, that did the trick.

In version 1.7 you indicate that LDAP will be handled with Clearspace groups as well as LDAP groups.  Will the clearspace groups be dynamic?  Meaning will the licence(s) be able to be shared between mulitple users with a cap on the number of users able to sign onto the server at any given time?

Thanks

JP