3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2007 12:00 PM by scott.hirdes

Informix java.sql.SQLException

I've been trying out clearspace. Seemed to work OK with built in database so thought I'd try it out with Informix as I saw there was an Informix schema file in the distribution.

The schema file does not work with Informix 10 - BIGINT is not a valid datatype - I changed this to INT8.

All tables loaded into to database OK. The setup process confirms that the connectivity to the database is OK.

However the logfile is showing many java.sql.SQLException entries - with the Informix message of "A syntax error has occurred" - any way I can see what SQL is being processed?

A brief excerpt from the logfile as the application server (resin 3.0.22) starts:

java.sql.SQLException: A syntax error has occurred.

at com.informix.util.IfxErrMsg.getSQLException(IfxErrMsg.java:373)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.a(IfxSqli.java:3208)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.E(IfxSqli.java:3518)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.dispatchMsg(IfxSqli.java:2353)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.receiveMessage(IfxSqli.java:2269)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.executePrepare(IfxSqli.java:1153)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxPreparedStatement.e(IfxPreparedStatement.java:318)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxPreparedStatement.a(IfxPreparedStatement.java:298)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxPreparedStatement.<init>(IfxPreparedStatement.java:168)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.h(IfxSqliConnect.java:5918)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.prepareStatement(IfxSqliConnect.java:2104)

at com.jivesoftware.util.ConnectionAdapter.prepareStatement(ConnectionAdapter.java:119)

at com.jivesoftware.base.database.ConnectionManager.createScrollablePreparedStatement(ConnectionManager.java:473)

at com.jivesoftware.community.impl.dao.ActivityDAOImpl.getRecentActivityContainer(ActivityDAOImpl.java:126)

at com.jivesoftware.community.impl.DbActivityManager.initialize(DbActivityManager.java:121)

at com.jivesoftware.community.lifecycle.JiveApplication$ManagerHandler.registerManager(JiveApplication.java:177)

at com.jivesoftware.community.lifecycle.JiveApplicationLifeCycle.initManagers(JiveApplicationLifeCycle.java:582)

at com.jivesoftware.community.lifecycle.JiveApplicationLifeCycle.initialize(JiveApplicationLifeCycle.java:194)

at com.jivesoftware.community.lifecycle.JiveApplication.initialize(JiveApplication.java:80)

at com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.LifeCycleListener.contextInitialized(LifeCycleListener.java:46)