4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2007 12:25 PM by dcarter

User-picker broken

I'm in the process of upgrading to 1.7 and I see that the user picker is still broken. The layout is messy and full names show up in the username column. It looks like what the people browser looked like before it was fixed.

Thanks,

Doug

• Re: User-picker broken
          scott.hirdes

Hi Doug,

If you go to the admin console under System -> Management -> System Properties you should see a property listed that is named "skin.default.displayFullNames".  If you set this property to false, that should stop full names from being displayed in the username column.

Can you give some more detail on "layout is messy?"

thanks,

Scott

• Re: User-picker broken

Scott,

Changing this property fixes the user picker but it breaks other things.

If I set displayFullNames to false, then all user references, everywhere in Clearspace are usernames. Who the heck is "tj"? Oh, that's "Tom Johnson". We set displayFullNames to true, because it provides a cleaner, more understandable layout. It works perfectly, in every place except the user-picker. The people browser used to be broken like the user-picker is now, but it's since been fixed. Even though displayFullNames set to true, the people browser works as expected. Usernames are usernames and names are names. The user-picker needs the same fix that the people browser got a few versions ago.

The messy layout is due to names (full names) being displayed in the username column of the user-picker.

Thanks,

Doug