3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2007 4:36 PM by scott.hirdes

How do I set the jiveURL parameter without using a local web browser?

I have installed clearspace on a server.  When I go to visit the installed clearspace webpages from another machine it fails because all the urls reference the domain “localhost”.  If a browser was on that server then localhost would resolve to the installed clearspace web pages, however I do not wish to install a browser on this server.  I would like to change the domain name from “localhost” to “mydomain.com”.  I have read the jiveUrl parameter can be set to do this, however it appears that you need to be able to access the installed clearspace webpages in order to be able to set this parameter.  It there a way I can set this parameter without viewing a web page?  I tried adding -DjiveURL=mydomain.com to the JAVA_OPTS in the start-up script, but to no avail.

• Re: How do I set the jiveURL parameter without using a local web browser?
          scott.hirdes

Hi,

The jiveURL property is stored in the database in the jiveproperty table.  You can change the value of the record in the jiveproperty table that has the name "jiveURL" if you don't want to use the admin console.

- Scott

• Re: How do I set the jiveURL parameter without using a local web browser?

I managed to use lynx (a text based browser) to complete the clearspace setup procedure.  I specified mydomain.com as the domain that the url should be.  However when I attempt to request the root page of that domain it redirects me to otherdomain.com, where otherdomain.com is similar to the name of another website that is running on the same server.  Where is it getting this name from and why isn’t it getting the name from the value I set in the setup procedure?

Scott, you said that I could change the value of the record in the jiveproperty table.  How can I do this?  Which database are you referring to?  I ask this because until I completed the setup procedure (using a local browser) no database was selected.  I have completed the setup procedure and selected the evaluation database.  I have no idea how to manipulate this database.

I fail to understand why clearspace specifies the domain and port in their links and redirects.  All of my problems could have be avoided if the clearspace urls were specified relative to the root (eg: /clearspace instead of http://localhost:8080/clearspace).