5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2007 4:18 PM by ralph.bodenner

PostgreSQL driver not found

Our migration from the eval database to PostgreSQL failed after Clearspace 1.6 could not find the JDBC driver.  I had copied postgresql-8.2-506.jdbc4.jar from my Postgres install (8.2) to C:\Program Files\Clearspace\server\webapps\ROOT\clearspace\WEB-INF\lib. I tried the Test Connection button after filling out the form, but no luck. I renamed the jar to postgresql.jar, that didn't help. Is the driver in a different jar, or not being found in the classpath for some reason?

• Re: PostgreSQL driver not found
          aron.racho

Hi Ralph,

Is this a standalone clearspace installation? Its interesting that the clearspace war was unpacked under \ROOT\. Is there a clearspace directory directly under \webapps? If so, there may be a WEB-INF\lib directory under which you could copy that renamed jar.

Thanks,

Aron

• Re: PostgreSQL driver not found

Thanks for the reply, Aron.  Yes, it's standalone.  I created the directory structure you suggest, dropped "postgresql.jar", and migration got further.

Now I see this error:

"An error occurred while migrating the database: Error deleting existing data"

Here's a relevant part of the error log file:

2007.11.16 16:01:17 Error deleting existing data

com.jivesoftware.community.migration.DatabaseMigrationException: Error deleting existing data

at com.jivesoftware.community.migration.MigrateTable.performStep(MigrateTable.java:102)

at com.jivesoftware.community.migration.DatabaseMigrationRoutine.start(DatabaseMigrationRoutine.java:54)

at com.jivesoftware.community.action.admin.DatabaseMigrationTaskAction.execute(DatabaseMigrationTaskAction.java:48)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:358)

at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultActionInvocation.java:218)

at com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.BackgroundProcess$1.run(BackgroundProcess.java:28)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: update or delete on table "jivedatatype" violates foreign key constraint "jft_dtid_fk" on table "jivefieldtype"

Detail: Key (datatypeid)=(1) is still referenced from table "jivefieldtype".

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1548)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1316)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:191)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:452)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:351)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:305)

at com.jivesoftware.community.importer.RemoteJiveInstanceUtils.executeUpdateRemoteSQL(RemoteJiveInstanceUtils.java:253)

at com.jivesoftware.community.migration.MigrateTable.performStep(MigrateTable.java:99)

... 10 more