That's the app's confusion, not mine (I think ). The component connection between my CS and OF installs seems to be really off. I just upgraded both today (1.8 and 3.4.1 respectively), and they're both functioning just fine alone. Here are some descriptions of what's been happening now:
- I edit Real-Time settings in CS, hit "Test Connection" and it works. Save settings, hit "Start Connection" and it fails to connect.
- Over on the OF instance, it shows the component as connected, so I delete the connection and start over. Before I can touch CS, the component connection reappears in OF. It still shows as disconnected in CS. This theme repeats over and over until I shut them both down. The connection shows up automatically and OF thinks CS has connected, CS thinks it has not.
- I shut them both down. Sort of. OF goes down easy. CS won't die and I have to kill -9.
- Start up OF, it show no connection (good). Start up CS, it starts super slow (2min+) and I start getting this regularly:
- Connection shows up again in OF, but CS still thinks it is disconnected.
I have no idea what's going on with this, but something is definitely out of whack. Despite all the weirdness they both work nearly perfectly alone... Just when they try to talk things get weird. Some data points:
- I'm using LDAP for both instances, same source, same usernames, jive.xmpp.commonUsernames = true
- The domain shows up very oddly on the OF server: clearspace.clearspace.domain.com.openfire.domain.com. (this is with OF @ openfire.domain.com and CS @ clearspace.domain.com)
- One error that repears a lot is this in the OF debug.log:
2007.11.16 14:26:19 Connect Socket[addr=/10.10.10.10,port=41695,localport=5275]
2007.11.16 14:26:19 Connection closed before session established
I'm stumped about this, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.