5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2007 4:25 PM by scott.hirdes

Permission issue with "Moderate Content" permisson

Since my post I made a week ago in the thread with the same topic seems to be ignored by support, I ask support to have a look at it through a new thread.

The issue is still present in V1.8.0 and was present in 1.7.0 and 1.7.0 beta as well, and according to a post from someone else has been around for some time now. Please have a look at it.

See http://www.jivesoftware.com/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=118598

• Re: Permission issue with "Moderate Content" permisson
          scott.hirdes

Hi,

I've been trying to reproduce this and am not having any luck.  Can you verify that my steps are identical to what you have?

1) I remove all permissions for Anyone and Registered Users at the root space (all check boxes empty).

2) I create a group and grant that group permissions at the root space for everything but attachment permissions and create poll permission.

3) I create a sub space to the root space and verify that Anyone and Registered Users have no permissions for the sub space.

4) I add two users to the group.

5) I give one of the users in the group Moderate Content permission for the sub space.

6) I go into the application with the user who is NOT the Moderator and create a document.

7) I create a document in the sub space.

8) I log out and then log in as the user that has Moderate permission for the sub space and edit the document created above.

9) I save and then publish the changes to the document.

thanks,

Scott

The issue only occurs if the user has only Moderate Content for the space but not Space Admin. As soon as the user has Space Admin also, the bug disappears.

scott.hirdes

Hi,

Neither of the users I am using in trying to recreate this are Space Admins.  One of the users has permission to Moderate Content in the sub space and I am using this user to edit a document but am not having the issue you described.

Can you review my previous post and verify that I am configuring my environment the same as yours when you have this issue?

Also, which user is creating the document when you have the issue?  What are the collaboration settings for the document?

thanks,

Scott

I will review it in detail later on, but when I first read it it sounded correct. I'll double-check with our setup.

The document must have been created by someone other than the user with the moderate content right. Also, collaboration doesn't seem to make a difference, but as a general rule, it happened on published documents with no specific collaboration settings (e.g. documents everyone can edit).

scott.hirdes

Hi,

I'm still not able to recreate so I think there must be something missing from my steps compared to yours. 

I am creating the document with a user who does not have moderate permissions for the subspace.  Then I am editing the document with a user who does have moderate permission for the subspace (and the subspace only) but am not getting any errors.

The collaboration for the document is set so anyone can edit.

thanks,

Scott