1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2007 1:37 PM by scott.hirdes

More XMPP presence

I can reproduce this, and it was confirmed today after an unrelated crash (see my other post about OutOfMem).   Some of this post is redundant, but it's less vague than the previous one.

Caveat: I'm still using LDAP for both and PgSQL for CS.

Part 1

• Start up OF and CS cleanly; configure and start Real-Time connection

• Crash CS.  Mine was a memory crash, but I think it reproduces if you shut down at all without stopping the RT connection first.

• Start CS. 

• From this point, CS will not reconnect to OF

unless

Part 2

• In OF, delete component connection.

• very quickly (within 10 seconds) start connection in CS (it will succeed now)

• shut off connection in CS

• shut down CS, restart CS

CS will start up with no connection to OF, and will connect normally until it crashes again.

What I can see from the logs on both products is that following the crash, some piece of CS connects to OF on startup, but it does so without enabling presence or being visible in the CS admin interface (a "rogue" thread?).  Restarting CS doesn't help, only "Part 2' gets it all running again for me.

-Mike

Message was edited by: mikelcu

• Re: More XMPP presence
          scott.hirdes

Hi Mike,

I have not been able to recreate this issue.  I am running Clearspace 1.8 with PostgreSQL as the database and Openfire 3.4.1.  Both are using the same LDAP server.

I can successfully setup the Real-Time connection and presence in Clearspace and if I stop Clearspace without closing the connection to Openfire, when I restart the appserver, Clearspace comes back up and reconnects to Openfire successfully.

Am I missing any steps in my attempts to recreate? 

Can you clear out all your logs from both Openfire and Clearspace, then recreate the issue and send over the logs from both to support@jivesoftware.com so I can take a look?

thanks,

Scott