10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2007 6:10 AM by mtudcs

Admin console says I'm over my 50 user license but I only have 34 users

When I log into the admin console and click on the "People" tab, the server complains that I'm over my license limit of 50.  However, when that tab displays, it shows 34 users.  At the top of the page though it says the following:

Users: 146, Showing 100 per page, sorted by user ID. Use the select box at the bottom of the page to adjust the number of users per page.

Now, I think this started happening with I changed the ldap user filter.  The property ldap.searchFilter used to be set at the default setting of (uid=).  However, we were going over our license limit so I learned the syntax of this filter from your forums and it is now (&(uid=)(eduPersonEntitlement=urn:mace:mtu.edu: entitlement:campus:clearspace))

This new filter only returns the 34 users that should have access.  The old filter allowed anyone to authenticate.  I think this is where our problem is.  I think I need to somehow remove ~100 users from the system that the search filter can no longer see but I need help in doing so.

ENVIRONMENT

Clearspace version: 1.7.0

Application Server: Apache Tomcat/5.5.17

Database: Oracle Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

Server OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4)

Java: 1.6.0_03 Sun Microsystems Inc.

Factories in use are as follows:

com.jivesoftware.base.ldap.LdapUserManager

com.jivesoftware.base.database.DbGroupManager

com.jivesoftware.base.ldap.LdapAuthFactory