8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2007 9:48 AM by scott.hirdes

Wiki document won't display in clearspace 1.7.0

I have a wkli document that was created sometime ago and edited last week.  However, when I go to click on it now, it won't display.  I get the following system error:

System Error

The system was unable to load the document presenter

I have checked my logs (error/warning/info/debug) and none of them have anything generated in them after generating this error.  The other symptom I get is that I can no longer search for anything that would return that document.  This too will result in a system error.  But, this error will have java error output.  However, I can page through all the documents for the space that houses this wiki doc and it will be one of the documents listed.  I just can't click on it to view it.

How can I recover this wiki doc?

• Re: Wiki document won't display in clearspace 1.7.0
          scott.hirdes

Hi,

Can you provide the full stack trace that you are seeing on the "System Error" page? 

thanks,

Scott

Sorry but there is no stack trace with the System Error I get that I outlined previously.  However, the searching error I get does have a stack trace.  It is as follows:

Status Code: 500

Exception Type:

Error Message:

Request URI: /clearspace/search.jspa

Stack Trace:

freemarker.ext.beans.SimpleMethodModel.exec(SimpleMethodModel.java:136)

freemarker.core.MethodCall._getAsTemplateModel(MethodCall.java:93)

freemarker.core.Expression.getAsTemplateModel(Expression.java:89)

freemarker.core.Assignment.accept(Assignment.java:90)

freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196)

freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92)

freemarker.core.IteratorBlock$Context.runLoop(IteratorBlock.java:160)

freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:351)

freemarker.core.IteratorBlock.accept(IteratorBlock.java:95)

freemarker.core.IfBlock.accept(IfBlock.java:82)

freemarker.core.ConditionalBlock.accept(ConditionalBlock.java:79)

freemarker.core.Environment.process(Environment.java:176)

freemarker.template.Template.process(Template.java:232)

com.opensymphony.webwork.views.freemarker.FreemarkerResult.doExecute(FreemarkerResult.java:153)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.FreemarkerResult.doExecute(FreemarkerResult.java:130)

com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.WebWorkResultSupport.execute(WebWorkResultSupport.java:143)

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:313)

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:208)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.FlashInterceptor.intercept(FlashInterceptor.java:40)

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:190)

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:175)

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:190)

com.opensymphony.xwork.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(ValidationInterceptor.java:115)

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:31)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.JiveObjectLoaderInterceptor.intercept(JiveObjectLoaderInterceptor.java:55)

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:31)

com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(FileUploadInterceptor.java:171)

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.I18nInterceptor.intercept(I18nInterceptor.java:151)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.JiveIOCInterceptor.intercept(JiveIOCInterceptor.java:712)

com.jivesoftware.community.action.LocaleInterceptor.intercept(LocaleInterceptor.java:71)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.AuthInterceptor.intercept(AuthInterceptor.java:89)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.JiveLoginInterceptor.intercept(JiveLoginInterceptor.java:42)

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercept(ExceptionMappingInterceptor.java:186)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.ModuleCheckInterceptor.intercept(ModuleCheckInterceptor.java:49)

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.execute(DefaultActionProxy.java:116)

com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils.serviceAction(DispatcherUtils.java:225)

com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:202)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.JiveFilterDispatcher.doFilter(JiveFilterDispatcher.java:53)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.SetResponseCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetResponseCharacterEncodingFilter.java:62)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)

com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.JiveActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(JiveActionContextCleanUp.java:46)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.PresenceFilter.doFilter(PresenceFilter.java:106)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.SetRequestCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetRequestCharacterEncodingFilter.java:73)

org.directwebremoting.servlet.DwrWebContextFilter.doFilter(DwrWebContextFilter.java:91)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.MaintenanceFilter.doFilter(MaintenanceFilter.java:81)

com.jivesoftware.community.upgrade.UpgradeFilter.doFilter(UpgradeFilter.java:43)

com.jivesoftware.base.plugin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:77)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.ApplicationInitializedFilter.doFilter(ApplicationInitializedFilter.java:95)

com.jivesoftware.base.database.dao.DAOContextCleanUpFilter.doFilter(DAOContextCleanUpFilter.java:32)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:541)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

freemarker.template.TemplateModelException: Method public java.lang.String[] com.jivesoftware.community.action.SearchAction.getHighlightedText(com.jivesoftware.community.SearchQueryResult) threw an exception when invoked on com.jivesoftware.community.action.SearchAction@810d2b

scott.hirdes

Hi,

Is the document an uploaded document?  If not, does it have any attachments?  Are you having this issue with any other documents?

thanks,

Scott

It's a wiki document.  I don't believe it has any attachments but I can't be certain of that since I can't view it or select it from the list.

scott.hirdes

Hi,

Can you try to clear your query cache in the admin console?  Also, can you try rebuilding your search index?

If you look at the record in the database for this document in the jivedocument table, can you verify that the value in the typeID field corresponds to a valid record in the jivedoctype table?

thanks,

Scott

Scott,

Resetting the cache and rebuilding the indexes didn't work.  However, I think I have solved this myself.  Could you please verify a couple of things for me.  What I found was that I could, in the location bar after getting the system error when trying to view the wiki doc, was add a "/edit" to the end.  This would allow me to edit the wiki doc successfully.  However every time I went to save the doc, it would tell me I had a coding error.  I was also not able to preview the doc when I switched to that tab.  However, the strange thing was that my wiki markup looked good.  I think what was happening was that I hit a limit for the number of bullets in a list.  Once I went beyond 255 items, it broke and I could no longer view it.  If I broke up the list into several pieces, it worked just fine.  My question for you is: Are there any limits as to the number of bulleted list items one can have in a wiki doc?  And, can you confirm what that limit is if there is one?

Thanks,

Matthew Buss