3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2007 9:42 AM by sean.moran

clearspace set-up doesn't run on initial start, has upgrade console login

I just installed clearspace on my computer (demo version with server and database included).  When I navigate to clearspace for the first time I do not get a set-up screen of any kind.  Instead, it is just a sign-in screen that is headed "Upgrade Console."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled once already with the exact same results.  Any suggestions?

• Re: clearspace set-up doesn't run on initial start, has upgrade console log

Hello Donner,

The "Upgrade Console" is reached when the current Clearspace installation is of a higher version than the information in jiveHome, and ultimately the database.

It is also possible that Clearspace just "thinks" theres an old version. All of the state information is stored in jiveHome, so if you uninstall and reinstall, without getting a fresh jiveHome, the problem would persist. If you could, try and uninstall again, and delete jiveHome, then reinstall, with a fresh jiveHome. Also make sure the database that you have selected for Clearspace is empty.

I hope this works for you, if not just let me know.

Cheers,

~Sean Moran

I'm a bit confused.  First, according to the install guide, clearspace isn't even supposed to know the location of jiveHome until it runs set-up; so how could it know what is in jiveHome?  Second, the install instructions merely state that I should "set up your jiveHome directory in a permanent location," and then goes on to talk about what I do "now that is set up."  So is there some untold procedure I am supposed to use to set up jiveHome?

Donner

Hi Donner,

The install guide is correct, the very first time you install Clearspace it will ask you for the location of jiveHome. As far as creating a jiveHome, all you need to do is tell clearspace where it is, all of the initialization is done by the application.

It seems that even though you uninstalled an reinstalled Clearspace, there is still information from previous installations present. Clearspace takes its cues from the database, the webapps folder, the war, and jiveHome. If any one of these is still present from an old install you'll be taken directly to the upgrade screen.

~Sean