1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2007 8:13 AM by sean.moran

clearspace + tomcat + security manager

enabling clearspacing in tomcat leads to this error:

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.LifeCycleListener

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission jiveHome read)

editing catalina.policy, adding either:

grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/clearspace/-" {

permission java.security.AllPermission; 

};

or:

grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/clearspace/-" {

permission java.util.PropertyPermission "jiveHome", "read";

};

Does not solve the issue; the error message remains the same.

This is using the .war version, and since clearspace has never been run before, the jiveHome directory under {catalina.home}/webapps/clearspace does not exist, though tomcat has the necessary permissions to create it.

Alternatively, copying the jiveHome directory to the tomcat directory and using editWAR.jar to change the jiveHome location in clearspace.war doesnt solve anything.

Versions: ubuntu 7.10, java 1.6, clearspacex 1.9.0, tomcat 5.5.20

Synopsis: I need a way to get around this issue

thanks,

orbisvicis

• Re: clearspace + tomcat + security manager

Hi Orbisvicis,

As you can probably tell this looks like a permissions issue. So far you've done a few things I would have tried, but I can't get passed the fact that the error involves being unable to read jiveHome. Could you verify the permissions of the jiveHome folder you've chosen so that the user and/or group that tomcat belongs to has permission to read and write to that folder?

~Sean