Internal Community Manager Job description
Hitachi Data Systems has an immediate opening for a contractor position for an internal community manager with strong prior experience in the community administration of a Jive deployment,. HDS is headquartered in Santa Clara, Ca but has offices in 100 countries around the globe.
Please contact Donna Garber
1. Content creation - writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels
2. Events and event planning – attending industry events in your city (often outside of 9-5 hours) and planning meetups for your community
3. Analytics – Using measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
1. Outgoing personality - they will be required to walk into networking events and be comfortable introducing themselves to strangers
2. Writing skills – a background in journalism or experience with writing helps since they’ll be creating so much content for your company
3. Social media experience –Building a community, networking on LinkedIn, Twitter or other networking sites
4. Interest in the Data Storage industry
6. Time management – ability to multitask, ability to work under pressure
Management & Moderation Consideration
- Listening & Reporting
- Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable steps
- Create and maintain content
- Review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manager
- Respond to comments, when appropriate in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience
- Enforce the HDS Social Media Guidelines
- Escalate User Generated Content, to appropriate stakeholders
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
- Understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools and skills.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated expertise in engaging and activating community groups
- Experience locating and engaging advocates within the community to foster dialogue
- Experience establishing metrics, gleaning community insights and reporting/recommending strategies that achieve marketing goals
- Strong prior experience in the community administration of a Jive deployment, including space/group configuration and permissions definition, site layout design, and widget configuration
- 2 to 3 years of experience managing social media platforms or communities for brands
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields.
Willing to travel approximately 10%