4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 1:04 AM by sunilkcs

Jive start up issue log file  location

sunilkcs

Hi

I have jive 5.0 development environment in CentOS platform. I want to know couple of basic info which i am struggling to find out. Kindly help.

1. I am getting the error while executing "cargo-start" script

[INFO] [yer.DeployerWatchdog] Deployable [http://localhost:8080/cargocpc/index.html] failed to finish deploying within the timeout period [180000]. The Deployable state is thus unknown.

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] Total time: 3:16.449s

[INFO] Finished at: Mon Dec 17 12:50:56 IST 2012

[INFO] Final Memory: 14M/176M

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.4:start (default-cli) on project web: Execution default-cli of goal org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.4:start failed: Failed to start the Tomcat 6.x container. Deployable [http://localhost:8080/cargocpc/index.html] failed to finish deploying within the timeout period [180000]. The Deployable state is thus unknown. -> [Help 1]

I restarted my machine once and it worked. Now i am getting this error while starting the service..(even after rebooting the machine). I followed this link..but didnt help

Cargo - Container Timeout

My project root location is "/usr/local/jiveworkspace/dummyCustomerSite". I can see "eae-service.out" and "eae-service.log" files in 'web' folder.

2. Where is the location of detailed log file of "cargo-start" function

3. After installing a plugin through admin console do i need to restart both "eae" and "cargo" or is just "cargo-start" script is fine ??

4. Where is the plugin installation log location. I was able to see 'sbs.log' file under "target/logs" folder in another development setup. Why no such folder in my environment ?

Kindly help me.. Thank You.

• Re: Jive start up issue log file  location
          sunilkcs

After deleting the plugin entry from "jiveplugin" database. I am able to start. This start up error (mentioned above in my question) doesnt even giving us a hint that it is due to plugin issue.  Please let me know where i can see detailed plugin installation logs...

Hey Sunil -- I'm going to take a look at these errors and see if I can identify what may be causing these issues. I'll keep you posted as to what I find. If we aren't able to determine what is going wrong here today, I'll ask that you submit a support case and we can definitely get this debugged for you as quick as possible.

-- Cody

Sunil,

In your pom.xml file, can I ask if you see the following?

<id>int</id>

<build>

<plugins>

<!-- Cargo is our main method of running and testing/debugging Jive.  This is the main configuration area. -->

<!-- Here is the config reference:  http://cargo.codehaus.org/Maven2+Plugin+Reference+Guide    -->

<plugin>

<groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>

<artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>

<configuration>

<!-- Feed them this value; Decides if Cargo should wait after the container is started or not -->

<wait>${cargo.wait}</wait>

<container>

<containerId>tomcat6x</containerId>

<home>${tomcat6.home}</home>

<timeout>180000</timeout>

If so, could I ask that you go ahead and add a '0' to the end of the timeout (basically x10) and then attempt to start up the instance again? Let me know if this resolves the issue.

-- Cody

sunilkcs

I am able to restart the services after a machine reboot. not sure what has gone wrong.  For some 5.x jive versions, Log files will be there on "/usr/local/jive/var/logs" location. Thank You.