6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 1:07 PM by paintchic42

fuse Launch Video

toddmoran

Having just launched our internal community (branded "fuse" and deployed on Jive Cloud 6) last week, I wanted to share the promo video I created to support our final communication message that went out company-wide on 12.12.12 at 12:12 p.m. via an email from our CEO.

His email was incredibly brief (copy embedded below), containing merely two video links (this "fuse in 2:24" promo video, and his personal "My thoughts on fuse" video), plus the actual URL for our fuse community.

............................................................................................................................................................

Subject: An invitation to fuse

Beginning today, we have an opportunity to fundamentally transform the way we work. I invite you to fuse...

fuse in 2:24

My thoughts on fuse

Thanks,

Andy

fuse

(log in using your miner domain credentials)

email fuse.support if you encounter any issues at login

.................................................................................................................................................................

I'd be curious to know if others (Internal Communities or External Communities) found significant value in the inclusion of video with their launch and/or ongoing communication messages/campaigns.

• Re: fuse Launch Video
          Andrew Kratz

Love the name and video...looks great!   Best of luck with the launch.

Ted Hopton

Nice video, Todd! Did you hire someone or do it yourself? Curious about the video effects.

toddmoran

Thanks Ted. I took inspiration from the outstanding rap driven, SNL digital short stye promotional video for UBM's internal community re-branding/upgrade launch that you showcased during the Ignite presentation at JW12.

Absent any budget or resources for video production, I created it solo. I was able to generate nearly all the video effects using TechSmith's Camtasia Studio.

jessekane

Absolutely yes, we found great value in creating a short infomerical explaining our Jive instance. For many people, it was hard for them to process the benefits of social business tools before we went live.  It's now part of our new employee onboarding event as well.  We hired an outside company to produce something in the style of iconic typography. If you don't know what that is, like I didn't before this project, you can see it for yourself:check it out.

If my budget allows it, I'd love to do something similar when we upgrade to Jive 6.0.

paintchic42

Todd Moran, I just discovered the thread and wow!  What a great video.  I'm curious if you've addressed introducing new employees to Fuse and how you've gone about it?  Also, did you create any additional support materials for your launch campaign?