4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2018 12:26 PM by mnevill

Pre-Populating Discussion Content & Categories

Hey there!

I was using the template plugin for a while, but it seems to be very buggy as it was sending an empty emails with the template content before the author submitted the discussion (plugin can be found here: QuickTemplates v2 - Plugin)

So I went into a different direction - I noticed that I can take the URL and add some parameters that would automatically be populated based on the URL.

Here is the parameters I needed:

Tags

Subject

Category

Body

I was able to get the tags and subject (by adding &tags=<mytag>&subject=<mysubject>)

The thing is, I'm having some troubles with the Category and the Body.

For a discussion, I found out (browing around the community) that "&unsanitaryBody=<mybody>" works, but it does not seem to work for a blog post. Is there a setting I can change, or anything like that, to allow the same for a blog post?

Regarding the Category, I can't seem to be able to pre-populate it. I've tried stuff like category=1978 categories=1978 contentTagSets=1978, but non seem to work.. When I pre-populate the tags, it does offer me a category, but I don't want to leave the option not to select a category - I want it pre-populated.

Is there any way to pre-populate a category??

Thanks in advance for all the helpers!