7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2013 6:15 PM by mavital

Where to get the .crx files?

mstrick

My customer wish to install the Jive Anywhere extension for Chrome centralized via software packages also on Mac OS, therefore we need the .crx file.

Where can I get it? http://files.jivesoftware.com/JiveAnywhere/downloads/JiveAnywhere_Chrome.crx allways take me to the Chrome Web Store - Jive Anywhere :-(

• RE: Where to get the .crx files?

Koby Rodrig, do we have this that we can give Michael? Or do you know how he can easily get it?

Michael, we have a maintenance release of JA coming out next week with some bug fixes, so your customer may want to hold off on deploying until the new version comes out, to make sure it‘s not outdated.  

• Re: RE: Where to get the .crx files?

Yes Mor, there is no problem getting the .crx file.

I need to know exactly what version to pass to you, and ill jus send you the file

• RE: Where to get the .crx files?

Michael Strick, please let us know which version you want to go with, the current 1.1.3 release or the 1.1.5 maintenance release. My suggestion is to go with 1.1.5, release notes are as follows:

Jive Anywhere v1.1.5 is a maintenance release addressing the following issues:

·         JA is unable to sign in with Firefox 18 (already fixed in JA 1.1.4 silent update).

·         JA is unable to connect to servers running the upcoming EAPI v2.1 beta.

·         Chrome is not automatically detected by the MSI installer if it was installed for All Users.

·         Profile preview popup might stuck with a "Loading..." message.

·         After installing JAB extension directly from the Tools page, "Null" appears as the instance URL field in settings page.

·         New discussion dialogue display might be corrupted in Chrome.

·         Duplicated @mention icons may appear with Jive SBS 5.0.5, 6.0.2 and 7.0.x.

·         Minor UI fixes

Known issues

·         If jive instance is not responding when trying to connect, the user cannot stop the process.

·         Open a discussion with Jview of a user that was deleted from the system will cause Jview to stuck in ”Loading…”

·         When a user is trying to view discussion posted in group he is not authorized he will not receive an error and the user will still have the ”Disconnect Group” (which doesn‘t work, because user is not authorized)

• When a user is trying to post a discussion to a group he is not authorized he will receive only a general error message (An error occured while posting your discussion. Please try again later