3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 3:59 PM by Stephanie Standring

Active, participating and contributing

cosentf

Can someone please help me out and define what the difference is between an active, particpating and contributing user?

Thanks

Frank

• Re: Active, participating and contributing
          sleslie2011

Hello Frank- I have been sifting through the documentation also and don't see the specific definitions yet either! Let me know what you find out.

• Re: Active, participating and contributing
              cosentf

Hi Sara - this is what I found out:

1. What do the terms “Active”, “Participating”, “Contributing” mean (under the “User Adoption” report)?
                1. Total Users: all system users who have not been deactivated (formerly called disabled).
                2. Registered Users: all system users who have logged in at least once.
                3. Active Users: users who have viewed at least one item in the previous 30 days.
                4. Participating Users: users who have commented, liked, rated/voted, edited or created content in the previous 30 days.
                5. Contributing Users: users who have created content in the previous 30 days. A user needs to actually create something, and not just respond to existing content, to be considered a contributing user. For example, they can start a discussion, ask a question, or post a document.

Categories are subsets of each other. For example, all Contributing Users are automatically Participating, all Participating users are also Active users, all Active users are part of all Registered, and all Registered users are in the Total User category.

Hope this helps.

4 people found this helpful