7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 9:34 AM by itriguy

What is going on with Jive developer services? Is there an outage?

itriguy

Hey there,

I lost almost a day fiddling with my build, thinking that maybe I goofed something on my local machine. After much tweaking, restoring, and even rebuilding my project from scratch I finally discovered that the cloud search seemed to be the culpret. I finally rebuilt my db using the local search and voila it worked. I didn't notice any announcements about an outage. Why would this have all of a sudden stopped working?

Now, I finally got my local deployment working on 6.0.0.1 and am trying to do some local testing for 6.0.1.1. My project won't build due to some error with plugins. Again, I thought I goofed something up locally so I went and built a brand new project and get the exact same error. Here's what I run and here's what I get:

mvn archetype:generate -e -B -DarchetypeGroupId=com.jivesoftware.maven -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-jive-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=6.0.x-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=com.jive.test -DartifactId=community-6.0.1.1
      mvn archetype:generate -e -B -DarchetypeGroupId=com.jivesoftware.maven -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-jive-plugin-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=6.0.x-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=com.jive.test -DartifactId=plugintest  
      mvn clean install -Djive.setup=false

Gives me the following when it hits the plugin build

[INFO]
      [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      [INFO] Building plugintest 1.0
      [INFO] Reactor Summary:
      [INFO]
      [INFO] community-6.0.1.1 ................................. SUCCESS [1.150s]
      [INFO] weboverlay ........................................ SUCCESS [32.623s]
      [INFO] Jive Local Services ............................... SUCCESS [0.005s]
      [INFO] plugintest ........................................ FAILURE [0.442s]
      [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
      [INFO] Total time: 34.490s
      [INFO] Finished at: Fri Mar 01 15:34:26 PST 2013
      [INFO] Final Memory: 43M/540M
      [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project plugintest: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.jive.test:plugintest:jar:1.0: Failed to collect dependencies for [com.jivesoftware:jive-core:jar:6.0.1.1 (provided), javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.5 (provided), org.springframework:spring-aspects:jar:3.0.3.RELEASE (provided), junit:junit:jar:4.8 (test), org.objenesis:objenesis:jar:1.2 (test), cglib:cglib:jar:2.2 (test), org.powermock:powermock-module-junit4:jar:1.4.8 (test), org.powermock:powermock-api-mockito:jar:1.4.8 (test), org.mockito:mockito-all:jar:1.8.5 (test), org.dbunit:dbunit:jar:2.4.3 (test), org.springframework:spring-test:jar:3.0.3.RELEASE (test), org.mortbay.jetty:jetty:jar:6.1.8 (test), emma:emma:jar:2.1.5320 (test), com.jivesoftware:core-test-base:jar:6.0.1.1 (test), com.jivesoftware:jive-war:war:6.0.1.1 (test), org.hamcrest:hamcrest-library:jar:1.2 (test)]: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.jivesoftware:core-test-base:jar:6.0.1.1: Failure to find com.jivesoftware:core-jive-test:pom:6.0.1.1 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
      [ERROR]
      [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
      [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
      [ERROR]
      [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
      [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
      [ERROR]
      [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
      [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :plugintest

Is there something going on with Jive developer services. If so, how can I get notified of this in future so that I don't lose a day?

Thanks,

Jared