3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2013 9:12 AM by aperrotte

JIVE 6.0 welcome page . . . constraining the welcome page width

aperrotte

Hey Fellow JIVE Devs,

I'm currently migrating our theme from 5.0 into 6.0 and previously I could re-theme the welcome page inheriting the global theming

/template/decorator/default/template.ftl

/template/global/custom-css.ftl

/soy/nav/footer.soy

/soy/nav/navbar.soy

and then by mapping to .*welcome.* for any additional customization.

However in 6.0 it seems that they have added some additional class logic that overrides the global theming in

/soy/welcome/welcome.soy

/soy/home/home.soy

if I wanted to insert a global <div> container to constrain the width in 5.0 I'd add a <div> inside the declared <body>.

In 6.0 there seems to be class inheritance overriding the  default template declaration. I've tried adding a <div> in welcome.soy however setting a width to the body doesn't seem to extend to the header as well.

If there's anyone more familiar with the inner workings of the 6.0 welcome page I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Sincerely,

Aaron J. Perrotte

• Re: JIVE 6.0 welcome page . . . constraining the welcome page width
          aperrotte

So in the pursuit of my own answer. I've constrained the width of the following with CSS

• j-header-wrap
          • j-js-footer-wrap
          • j-main

instead of constraining all three with a <div> from the global decorator template.

Sincerely,

Aaron J. Perrotte

1 person found this helpful
            phrough

One difference from Jive 5 to Jive 6 is that the welcome/activity page now uses its own template file:

/template/eae/template.ftl

So if you had changes in the /template/decorator/default/template.ftl, they need to be duplicated in the /template/eae/template.ftl. Though a better approach would be to move them to a separate file that gets picked up by both templates by default. Perhaps /template/decorator/default/header-css.ftl

aperrotte

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the info, that's incredibly helpful. Along with setting the width I'm also layering <div> containers to give a multi-layered background solution. I was looking into the home.soy file but found that the content within is written into j-main and not to the global body.

/template/eae/template.ftl is the answer to that conundrum. Thanks so much for your insight.

As I noted above I've set the width universally via css, but adding those <div> containers allows the full customization that I'm mirroring from our 5.0 instance.

Sincerely,

Aaron J. Perrotte