12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 9:25 AM by Jason.Hall

How to stop notifications for specific threads in Jive 6 streams?

lindsaymay

So in v5, if you were tracking things, you could just go to your inbox and click "stop tracking." How does one unsubscribe from certain threads in Jive 6 in streams? From what I can see, it seems like an all or nothing deal.

Also wondering how to re-train our entire community when it comes time to upgrade... :-/

• Re: How to stop notifications for specific threads in Jive 6 streams?
          Erin Haines

If you go to the content and click 'Follow' you can remove the content from your inbox by un-checking it. It would be awesome if you can do this right in the inbox (or maybe I'm also missing where that is)

Erin Haines

I did miss it! In the inbox you can also click 'Hide new activity' - similar to the v5 'stop tracking' (in our jive instance the CTA for 'Hide new Activity' is the lightest shade of grey...and I'm sticking to this excuse ).

We recently upgraded from 5>6, and when developing training materials and working with users, we positioned this change to be a more streamlined or simplified way to 'follow' content/places important to you. Instead of the different options in 5 (track, follow, email notifications) - you now can just click Follow and choose where & how to follow (or not follow) specific content or places.  So far most users seem to be catching on.

tmaurer

So I just dug into this more deeply, and I realize that although the new streams go a long way to helping users see quickly what they are getting emails from (or following), there are still some things that are left out:

• Blogs don't show up as a place, yet you can separately select to follow a blog instead of the whole place. The problem with NOT showing the blogs is that people get really frustrated - they go to the place, see they aren't following it (especially when emails are involved), yet they ARE still notifications (usually emails). They fail to notice that they only get notifications from the blog and there is no indication anywhere in the stream settings to indicate there are separate settings for the place or person's blog.
              • Similarly, there is nowhere to see which pieces of content you might be following. Same problems as above. I know there are scalability issues with this, as I was someone who reported them when the page was ONLY showing content. However, I'd love to see Jive work out a mechanism to make this possible. With streams now in place, most people would clean that up in a hurry and scalability would only be a short term or spotty issue.

clara.liang - any product thoughts on this? I know it has been beat to death in the Idea section, before 6.0 launched. As mentioned, the 6.0 improvements help, but stop short.