3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2013 3:12 PM by tmaurer

Task Functionality

lauren.hogue

For Tasks associated with a Project in a Group, When an assigned tasks is marked as complete, is there a way to re-open the completed task, or assign to a different person? Say, the task was not fully completed, or the task was marked as complete by accident, can the project owner re-open or re-assign a task once it has been closed out?

• Re: Task Functionality
          tmaurer

Yes, tasks once completed can be unmarked. This can be done by the person who marked them, or by the project owner. Note there is only one owner per project.

lauren.hogue

May I ask how/where you are able to do so?

When I complete a task, I see that it was completed in content and activity stream, but there isn't anywhere to re-assign it...

tmaurer

Once it is completed, you can't assign it to someone else. You can reassign to someone else prior to completing it. But if you mark someone else's task complete, you automatically take ownership of it. Perhaps I'm not clear on what you are trying to accomplish.

As for reassigning in general, here is a screenshot from our 5.0.5 Jive instance:

If you go to Actions, then Tasks, click the Show details link for the task you want to work with. Then click Edit Task.

As seen above, you can then Change who the task is assigned to.

One note - if it is a personal task, you can't assign it to someone else. Personal tasks are only for you. If you need to be able to assign tasks to others, they will need to be part of a project that the other person has permissions to.