5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 9:16 AM by dougblizz

Change display order of Featured Content Widget

scott_nei

Right now when you make a piece of content "featured," it shows up in the Featured Content Widget at the bottom.  Is it possible to have newly featured pieces of content populate at the top of the widget?  I wasn't seeing this as an option anywhere.

Thanks,

• Re: Change display order of Featured Content Widget

Hi Scott,

I was looking into your request today and I really agree with you that it does make the most sense to have newer featured content added to the top.

The way they are ordered is not by post or update date, it is by the order they are added to the jivefeatured table. Therefore, there is a work around.  If you go up your list, in reverse order, and unfeature, then feature each item, they will get sorted out with the newest at the top. I was able to do this on my own local dev instance as an example.

Screen Shot 2012-06-29 at 10.25.20 AM.png

I know that is a crude fix, but it is an option for you. In the meantime, we are not the only ones that feel this way!  There is already a suggestion filed for this specific feature and you may go and vote it up here.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Regards,

Nick

Account Support

2 people found this helpful