1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 8, 2013 7:18 AM by MarcoHenniger

Issue Getting Jive 6.0 Development Instance Running

trevcole

I'm trying to get a local Jive 6.0 dev instance running in CentOS.  I've installed Tomcat6 and create the maven project, but when I run ./cargo-start from the web folder I get the following error;

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8787

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.<clinit>(Bootstrap.java:55)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.juli.logging.LogFactory

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] ... 1 more

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] Could not find the main class: org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap. Program will exit.

I've checked the lib & bin folders for $CATALINA_HOME and these both contain the tomcat-juli.jar file and I have access to it.   I tried to also start a Local Tomcat server from within Eclipse and had the same error, to resolve it in Eclipse I simply added the tomcat-juli.jar file as an external library to the classpath within the server configuration.

If I run the same command as executed by ./cargo-start with debug on (-X) I see the following;

[DEBUG] [talledLocalContainer] Executing '/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/jre/bin/java' with arguments:

'-Xdebug'

'-Xnoagent'

'-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n'

'-Xms512m'

'-Xmx1024m'

'-XX:MaxPermSize=256m'

'-XX:+UseParNewGC'

'-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC'

'-XX:PermSize=48m'

'-Dthemes.directory=/home/to127dev/workspace/developmentSite/web/src/main/themes'

'-Djive.instance.home=/home/to127dev/workspace/developmentSite/web/../target/jiveHome'

'-Djive.ws.disabled=true'

'-Djive.devMode=true'

'-Dcatalina.home=/usr/share/tomcat6'

'-Dcatalina.base=/home/to127dev/workspace/developmentSite/web/target/tomcat6x'

'-Djava.io.tmpdir=/home/to127dev/workspace/developmentSite/web/target/tomcat6x/temp'

'-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager'

'-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/home/to127dev/workspace/developmentSite/web/target/tomcat6x/conf/logging.properties'

'-classpath'

'/usr/share/tomcat6/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/lib/tools.jar'

'org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap'

'start'

I therefore think this is simply a classpath issue , but I don't know enough about cargo to know how I can add the tomcat-juli.jar file to the generated -classpath option above to help resolve it.

Is there anyone who can help me here please?

Thanks in advance, as I've been staring at this for two days now!!

Trevor