HI John - Yes they did but we haven't signed a SOW for an ad hoc budget so I wanted to try and sort it out myself.
Erin L Connors
Social Media Manager
Unfortunately, "Create new template" only works with existing out-of-the-box FTL (and Soy) files. To add a custom FTL file, you need to download the theme, add the new file, and upload the theme.
- Click on the down arrow next to the pennfoster theme on System / Settings / Themes. This will save the pennfoster.zip file to your disk.
- Unzip that file somewhere on your disk.
- Copy in your new file. For example, pennfoster/template/pf/academic-groups/cta-small.ftl.
- Zip the directories back up. Make sure that you are zipping the entire theme, and not just the new files.
- On System / Settings / Themes, "Choose File" for this new zip file and click "Upload Theme".
- Double check that the "Global Theme Map" is still set to pennfoster. (If not, set pennfoster as the global theme.)
One note on this process: During the upload of the new theme (between steps 5 and 6), the theme will probably go away from your site. Therefore, it is usually best to do this during a slower deployment window so that fewer users may be exposed to this. (If a user is on at that time, he or she may notice the site reverting to the base Jive look-and-feel and then coming back to the Penn Foster look-and-feel.)
Lastly, step 5 can also be done via the Jive Cloud Admin tool. Usually, step 6 still needs to occur for these types of uploads.
As John mentions, let us know if you would like 7Summits to do this. If you'd like to do this yourself, trying it out on UAT first should enable you to get comfortable with the process.
Thank you! Very helpful!!