2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2013 3:59 AM by rgamache

Moving content in Jive to a data warehouse

rgamache

Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of how we can push our hosted community content to a data warehouse where we can write search queries against the blogs, discussions, etc?  The Jive search feature is not returning accurate results for our need mainly because some cut a pasted data from let's say an .xls file will not show up in the query results.  We'd like to be able to dump the data in our instance into a repository so we can write our own search functions against this data.  Thoughts?

• Re: Moving content in Jive to a data warehouse
          xugreatone

Rick - I am looking to do something similar.  We have a desire to create a backup of our Connect Data essentially by pushing all the files to a file server.  Looking for any solutions that people may have already developed for such an initiative.  Thinking that writing some code and creating a plug-in is the way to go - but would like to not have to recreate the wheel if possible.  Thoughts?

• Re: Moving content in Jive to a data warehouse
              rgamache

As of right now, the search feature in Jive is just not up to the task.  We've looked at a couple of things we can try doing but the most desirable is to dump all the content into a back end cloud server or a hosted server in our co-location facility.  One of the other option we looked at is writing a crawler that will crawl the content of our site and index it but that will take a little time to perfect but not out of the realm of the possibility.  Our use case requires very accurate search results and when I notified Jive of the issue they classified as a "bug" they may fix.   Sigh.