Here is the way it works.
Team 1 is created
- User a and User c are new to the community
- User b has 50,000 points
- user a, user b and user c join team 1
- user a earns 2,000 points
- user b earns 1,000 points
- user c earns 0 points
The team will show 3000 points - and the users will each increment their user points by however many points they earned.
- So user c will still have 0 points in the community as well as within the team.
- User a will have 2,000 points
- User b will have 51,000 points.
You can add other rules and allow user a to jump to team b and take their 'team earned' points with them. But in the end, team earned points = team earned points. It is basically a duplicate of whatever you have earned in regular gamificaiton missions - but applied to whatever team you are part of.
Thanks, perfect clarification.