2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2013 1:08 PM by Ryan Rutan

How to subscribe for email to a group, but then turn off email for 1 content item?

jemjanik

According to https://community.jivesoftware.com/ideas/2247#comment-1564842 this is delivered in 6.0 with custom streams.

So far I can't actually figure out how to do it.  Here's what I've tried so far using my own login & a fake person I've created named Harold.

In group 1

-Jem adds group1 to my email watches stream

-Jem turns email on for my email watches stream

-Jem gets an email for discussion x in group1

-Jem hides the discussion x from her email stream

-Harold replies to discussion x

-Jem still got email... which was not what I was expecting based on the comment above.

I thought ok maybe I needed to explicitly opt out of email watches on that piece of content.  So I un-hid the discussion x to be back to a clean slate where I've got email on for email watches and the group1 in the email watches stream.

I went back to discussion x itself thinking ok - I just need to uncheck email watches to get that conversation out of the stream & try again.  Email watches was not checked for me to uncheck & try.

So essentially I want to get email for the group, but not for anything new on that item in the group anymore.  Am I missing how to do it or is the feature not actually delivered?