10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 11:38 AM by Ryan Rutan

Thread object in discussion watch email template on 6.x?

dfiel

I'm trying to update my watches.email.thread template, which shows the whole thread:

Re: Show whole discussion thread in email

The email template page says:

Additionally, the following full objects are available:

${container} ${thread} ${message}

So, I try to access the thread object this way:

<#assign messageroot=thread.getRootMessage()>

But when I preview, I get this error:

Expression thread is undefined on line 105, column 22 in watches.email.thread.

What is the proper way to access the thread object?  This code worked in 4.5.8.

Trying the thread object by itself isn't working either:

${thread.getRootMessage()}

${thread}

Expression thread is undefined on line 30, column 3 in watches.email.thread.

Nor do the other objects work:

${message}

${container}

Expression message is undefined on line 30, column 3 in watches.email.thread.

Expression container is undefined on line 30, column 3 in watches.email.thread.

So, the question is: which objects (if any) are available in the discussion watch template?

And trying the thread object by itself outside of the #assign isn't working either:

${thread.getRootMessage()}

${thread}

Expression thread is undefined on line 30, column 3 in watches.email.thread.

Nor do the other objects work:

${message}

${container}

Expression message is undefined on line 30, column 3 in watches.email.thread.

Expression container is undefined on line 30, column 3 in watches.email.thread.

So, the question is: which objects (if any) are available in the discussion watch template in 6.x?