2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2013 7:38 AM by ben.taub

Where did CSV import for Invites go in Jive 6.0?

ben.taub

I can't seem to find it anywhere.  Was this removed?  Can it be put back?

A profoundly useful bit of functionality for on-boarding many new users at once.

Thanks,

Ben

• Re: Where did CSV import for Invites go in Jive 6.0?
          john_reynolds

Hi Benjamin,

I'm researching this as well. Searching "CSV" in the Jive 6.0 Community User Documentation doesn't pull anything up. For invitations to groups, the only utility is to search and pull up existing users or paste in their email addresses/usernames.  No CSV option. For invitations to the community itself, the process is similar: you're given a space to paste email addresses then those users can respond to the invitation email and register.

In 5.0, the documentation includes the CSV import for Group invitations: How Do I Invite People to Join a Group?  . I've used this functionality before. You're right, it was helpful.  This functionality in v5.0.X is the same that you're referring to, right?

Thanks,

John

• Re: Where did CSV import for Invites go in Jive 6.0?
              ben.taub

Thanks John.  You are correct they removed the functionality.  While you can copy and paste into the invitee field, it is not the same, and unlike many of Jive's corporate clients we are not connected to an LDAP or really integrated with the client's network infrastructure (federal customer) so having a methodical way of inviting, registering and approving hundreds of new users was helpful.

Alas, I understand all too well that functionality deprecation is often labeled "development re-prioritization" or "streamlining the UI".  Wish they had asked before the took it away.

Ben