0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2013 11:46 AM by ggroover@technopatents.com

Printing, priorities as numbers instead of color-coded stars - FIX(ish)

ggroover@technopatents.com

First of all: is there any updated ETA for fixing printing, and/or any word on priorities being shown with associated numbers instead of un-numbered color-coded stars?

Because I have a fix of sorts. It's ugly, inelegant, and requires a bit of work on the user's end, but I took a day, taught myself basic CSS, and wrote up a CSS file that fixes these things. I'm currently unsure if it can be applied to anything but the web version in Firefox, but for people who, like me, must be able to print tasks in order to stay with Producteev, any extra hassle may be worth it - it has been for me.

PLEASE NOTE, TO PRODUCTEEV STAFFERS: If this is somehow a TOS violation or otherwise a problem, please let me know and I will take this down immediately - however, if so (or even if not!), I would ask that fixing this be bumped up in urgency on your end.

SO. A few notes on this:

-I'm afraid I don't know if/how this might work for other browsers and operating systems - sorry!

-Steps 3-5 must be repeated every time you reload the page. You can navigate within your workspaces, projects, tasks, etc. just fine without redoing this, but if you close the tab or navigate away from the page, you'll have to redo that part.

-When printing, you must enable printing of background colors and images for labels and priorities to print. This generally doesn't need to be re-done every time, though I suppose YMMV.

-By default, when printing, it usually  shrinks the page to fit the paper you're printing to; however, in this case, that makes it print out in rather tiny font. In Windows, Page Setup>Format & Options, and make sure 'Shrink to Fit Page Width' is unchecked. In Mac, in Print>Show Details, make sure 'Ignore Scaling and Shrink to Page Width' is unchecked.

For Windows:

1) Go to http://technopatents.com/IT/producteev.css, and save the file to your computer. (File>Save or Ctrl-S should work just fine AFAIK, but if all else fails, copy-paste that into a Notepad file and add .css to the end of the file name when you save.)

2) Open Firefox, log in to your Producteev workspace.

3) Go to Tools>Web Developer>Style Editor, or just press Shift-F7.

4) In the Style Editor pane, press the 'Import...' button.

5) Navigate to wherever you saved the CSS file earlier and select it. Once that loads, the priority stars for priorities 1-5 should disappear and be replaced by the respective numbers. You can then close the Style Editor pane.

6) Go to File>Page Setup, and under the Format & Options tab, make sure that the box for 'Print backgrounds (colors and images)' is checked, and that the box for 'Shrink to Fit Page Width' is unchecked. Close Page Setup.

You should now be able to print normally. (Note that this currently still only gives 50 tasks at a time, so you do have to print each set of 50 separately, but it's better than nothing!)

For Mac:

1) Go to http://technopatents.com/IT/producteev.css, and save the file to your computer. (File>Save Page As... or Cmd-S should work just fine AFAIK, but if all else fails, copy-paste that into a TextEdit file and add .css to the end of the file name when you save.)

2) Open Firefox, log in to your Producteev workspace.

3) Go to Tools>Web Developer>Style Editor, or just press Shift-F7.

4) In the Style Editor pane, press the 'Import...' button.

5) Navigate to wherever you saved the CSS file earlier and select it. Once that loads, the priority stars for priorities 1-5 should disappear and be replaced by the respective numbers. You can then close the Style Editor pane.

6) The first time you print, in the print dialog, open the expanded view (Show Details button). Next to Options, make sure that the box for 'Ignore Scaling and Shrink to Page Width' is unchecked, and next to Appearances, make sure BOTH 'Print Background Colors' AND 'Print Background Images' are checked. (If 'Print Background Colors' is unchecked, labels won't print; if 'Print Background Images' is unchecked, priorities won't print.)

You should now be able to print normally. (Note that this currently still only gives 50 tasks at a time, so you do have to print each set of 50 separately, but it's better than nothing!)

Hope this helps someone!