9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2013 1:55 PM by CurtisG

Profile Completion

tfitzgerald

I'm unable to get the Profile Completion badge to be recognized and given out in our UAT. In trouble shooting, I've tried completing my Jive profile to see if I could get a badge, but it either doesn't exist or I'm still not filling out everything. Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks!

• Re: Profile Completion
          roguen

Hi Tracy,

Can you provide more details around this badge.  I know there is an "In the game" badge, but I don't remember the Profile Complete badge.  Is this out of the box gamification or a custom one?

To find out what sets it off you would need to go into the gamification admin console, look up the mission Actions>Missions>Select mission

and then take a look at the trigger.

Take for example "In the Game".  For this one you have the trigger "AvatarEvent-CREATED" which has to be executed once

So to complete the mission, create a new avatar.

It's important to note for this that if a user pre-dates the gamification module, it's not going to grant them the badge if they already have an avatar, they have to create a new one to trip the wire here.  That may be one of the issues you're having.

williamsdave

I am also having trouble with the "in the Game" badge if that is what you are talking about.  I predate the game, but changed the picture I had, to an avatar, and...Nothing. I am also working in the UAT.  Would this also happen to those once we go to PROD that have set their avatar prior to the transition?

roguen

This would also happen for your PROD users.

Try deleting your current avatar and basically starting fresh.  I've seen this issue first hand, but we've been able to work past it by doing this.

1 person found this helpful
                    williamsdave

Roguen,  Thanks, but there is no option to delete an avatar, I can delete associated photos, but no option to delete the avatar.  Tried changing also. but no joy

roguen

This may be indicative of the issue.

You're not able to create a custom avatar are you?  That's what this badge is looking for: a create, not a select.

To enable the creation of custom avatars in your community go to your admin console

Admin>People>Settings>Avatar Settings

User Uploaded avatars should be enabled with a max greater than 0 (though I think it always allows 1 when enabled)

Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 8.45.03 AM.png

williamsdave

Roguen,  Thanks, After creating an avatar, I was then awarded the badge.  After looking at the badge, indeed it does say "create".  The explanation "Set up your avatar to get started!" is just misleading. Thanks

Tracey - to complete the 'profile completion' style missions you need to have something in every field, even the 'tags' field. This means that if you are tied to any sort of SSO or Active directory that you may need to be sure that those fields are coming over as well.  Also be sure to check for any hidden or un-editable fields as an admin, those can mess up your ability to get the badge quite well.

1 person found this helpful