2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2013 6:55 AM by sean.thulin

Looking for a way to disable loading of widgets when editing space overview page

sean.thulin

Hello everyone,

Recently i've been trying to do a little development work in a private space i setup and i've been running into problems with my code that cause all of javascript to fail on the page.  This in turn causes the widget management feature of the overview page editor to fail to load fully and thus i can't remove the widget easily.

I'm sure that if i could prevent the javascript from that widget from being loaded, it would allow the rest of the page to load correctly.  Does anyone know of a query parameter i can pass as part of the URL that would disable loading of the actual widgets within the page?

Currently it seems that my only two options is to have widget removed from the database or delete the space and recreate it.  I'm hoping there is another option.

• Re: Looking for a way to disable loading of widgets when editing space overview page

Seth, Admittedly this is not an answer to your question but.... What are you trying todo? The reason I'm asking is because there might be a option of using an app or a tile for this.

• Re: Looking for a way to disable loading of widgets when editing space overview page
              sean.thulin

Mark Weitzel wrote:

Seth, Admittedly this is not an answer to your question but.... What are you trying todo? The reason I'm asking is because there might be a option of using an app or a tile for this.

Hi Mark,

I'm trying trying to do a bit of (what i thought was) basic javascript to serve up a custom html widget that produced some information from a custom badgeville plugin that we have installed.  Unfortunately i'm not a full administrator / DB admin, but more of a super user, so i can't load apps or tiles into the jive system and have to work within the setup that has been put in place.  This is why i was trying to find a way to prevent the javascript from loading in a specific html widget while allowing it to run on the rest of the page so that i can remove this widget (and with it the broken code).