7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2013 4:43 PM by roguen

0 Comments, 1 New

roguen

2013-08-22_23-01-19.png

Does anyone know why we see this?  Is it picking up a modification as a comment event and grouping them together?  Is it the likes?

• Re: 0 Comments, 1 New
          roguen

Tried to replicate this, but perhaps it has to be a multi-day event.  creating and editing two times, one right after the other, only provides a single modification notice.  Liking the document didn't trigger it either at this point

ann154

Could the modification of the doc two days ago have triggered it? I know I have seen options when editing various types of messages on Jive where you can set it to either not "send notifications and update streams" or force the notification on the streams of the community.

roguen

This was the the response from support:

The "New" count represents activity such as new comments or editing on the document since the last activity stream update.  The message will not show up until at least one initial comment has been posted.

To reproduce the scenario from the case I did the following:

• Create a document
              • Comment on it
              • Delete the Comment

2  Activity   Jive.png

• Edit the Document
              • Refresh Activity Stream

2  Activity   Jive4.png

• Once new activity appear in the stream "1 New" disappears as expected

2  Activity   Jive.png

I think he is correct in the assumption we had a comment that was removed, or commented and then later updated causing this to occur.