5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 2:20 PM by bob.geiger

Is it possible to get phone support from Jive?

msheppard@aerohive.com

I have been waiting for an answer to my question for about a half an hour. I can't find a phone number anywhere.... I am pretty frustrated

• Re: Is it possible to get phone support from Jive?

Hi Matt,

the best way to contact support is through your company's secure support space. I see that you have an account in there, and have been able to create a case. Discussions in this support space are not typically monitored and are not covered by our SLA response times. This space is also used by our community to solve issues and share experiences. However, by creating a case, we are able to troubleshoot issues based on your specific instance situation and work with you towards resolution.

When you create a case, they are tracked for Support Effectiveness, Response Times, and SLA obligations. That's the most efficient way to contact support. I apologize for not responding to you, here, sooner.

I hope this helps you in gaining assistance from us, and if I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Regards,

Nick Church

Account Support

msheppard@aerohive.com

So, the answer is no? No phone support?

I am trying to re-arrange my sub-space and can't get out of the template mode. I used to be able to drag and drop and design the page layout at a granular level. Then, yesterday, I selected a Sales Template... now I can't get back to the other design tool.

After spending several hours, reading blogs, watching Youtube, trying to get support and trying to figure it out on my own, I am about to tell my VP that Jive will not work for me... and I will use Chatter. I don't have hours to waste.

Hi Matt,

Sorry that you're running into some difficulty and that it's become frustrating. We'd be happy to help make you successful. It's not that we won't talk on the phone, we're happy to do that when it's appropriate. However, our response time and the entire process to initiate a support request is set up around cases in your company group. This also serves to confirm your contract and entitlement to support.

I'm a little confused, as I see you created a case around noon PST and are already in a dialog with Seth Purkerson. I'll let him know you'd like to talk on the phone; will that help? Feel free to mention a preference to talk on the phone when you open a case. Let me know if I can do anything to help further.

Thanks,

Bob

msheppard@aerohive.com

I tried to use the online support community. Then, I finally opened a case.

I finally found the answer to my question, internally, within my own org.

You can close the ticket and end this discussion string.

All in all, though. I think the best way to articulate my frustration is in Jive’s tagline, from the Jive Services & Support product page, “Deflect Calls, Delight Customers.”

While, deflecting calls may delight the support staff and support metrics, it, by no means, delights customers.

Hi Matt,

That quote is actually not intended to refer to Jive's support processes, but rather meant to interest customers in using the Jive platform to implement their own support solution. Nevertheless, I see that it would be easy to interpret it the way you did. I'll raise this to our marketing team's attention.

Again, sorry for the frustration. We work very hard to handle cases in a fast and effective manner, and hope we will do better for you next time.

Bob