6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2013 3:23 PM by spagnj

How to connect documents table with activity table?

erkjones

I don't see any common keys between the documents table and any other jive table. How can I join the doc table to the activity table? I want to get a count of downloads and views of documents by community, by user.

thanks for the help

• Re: How to connect documents table with activity table?
          pbradle9

Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to sort out the Download reporting from my .dmp and it makes no sense. Users have Downloads for items they never Viewed and Download seems to fire 20-30 times in a row.

mnevill

This may not be exactly what you are looking for since it only accounts for views and not downloads, but here is a query that shows who looked at what: content viewed in the last month by logged in users

You can probably massage that to include downloaded items (Activity Type 320) to get the report you need.

spagnj

HOPE you have a good SQL engine

You asked:

I don't see any common keys between the documents table and any other jive table. How can I join the doc table to the activity table?

The following joins will do the job, just not most efficiently

SELECT

jdoclkup.*

,jaf.*

,jdc.name as community_name

,jdc.container_type

,jdc.container_id

FROM

( SELECT DISTINCT ON (jd.internaldocid, jdv.versionid) jd.internaldocid, jd.documentid, jd.versionid AS current_version_id, jdv.minorversion, jdv.title AS doc_title, jdv.state AS doc_state, jdv.status AS doc_status, jdv.language AS doc_language, jdv.userid AS modifier_userid, timezone('UCT', to_timestamp(jd.creationdate / 1000)) AS doc_created_ts, timezone('UCT', to_timestamp(jdv.modificationdate / 1000)) AS doc_last_modified_ts, timezone('UCT', to_timestamp(jd.expirationdate / 1000)) AS doc_expires_ts, jd.userid AS doc_create_userid, jd.containertype, jd.containerid, jd.recommended, jd.meanrating, jd.readcount,

CASE

WHEN jd.commentstatus = 1 THEN 'disabled'::text

WHEN jd.commentstatus = 2 THEN 'open'::text

WHEN jd.commentstatus = 3 THEN 'closed'::text

ELSE NULL::text

END AS comment_status

FROM jivedocversion jdv

LEFT JOIN jivedocument jd ON jd.internaldocid = jdv.internaldocid AND jd.versionid = jdv.versionid) AS jdoclkup

LEFT JOIN jivedw_object jdo ON jdo.object_id = jdoclkup.internaldocid

LEFT JOIN jivedw_activity_fact jaf ON jaf.direct_dw_object_id = jdo.dw_object_id

LEFT JOIN jivedw_containter jdc ON jdc.dw_container_id = jaf.dw_container_id

WHERE jdo.object_type IN (102)

AND jaf.activity_type IN (10,320) --10 = views, 320 = downloads

AND jdc.container_type IN (14)

--AND jaf.user_id NOT IN (-1) --OPTIONAL: THIS WILL REMOVE ANONYMOUS USERS FROM ACTIVITY

In order to be able to see count of document downloads/views 'by community' and/or 'by userid'  You would have to create the above as a table, and then create some aggregrate queries to count the instances within the dimensions you're looking for...