14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2014 2:23 AM by olivero

e-mail to task -> content of emails not attached

cli

Bug Platform (list all that apply)

Web,

Bug Details

Email-ing to task@producteev.com creates a task with the email subject as task name, but totally neglects the content of the mail and any attachments. This worked very well in the "old" producteev and was a highly used functionality, were are now strongly missing. Please bring it back in the very near future!

Please attach any supporting materials, such as screenshots.

• Re: e-mail to task -> content of emails not attached
          amber.goslee

I am experience the exact same thing. The content disappears after a few days, which renders the email to task useless.  I have been patient with all of the other downgrades, but this is one I had come to depend on.  It has now been several months and Producteev continues to be a subpar application.  I will be looking elsewhere. 

Christian & Amber,

We've been working on this, however, I have been unable to reproduce this bug. Email attachments are not recognized, however, the email body should be included within your task.

Can you let me know which email service you're using?

Like I said, I am not able to reproduce this error, so that has made troubleshooting difficult.

Nick

Account Support

amber.goslee

I have had this occur several times now.  This is the most recent.  We are

using google email.  As you will see, emailing the task is useless.  Note

that this task was created 13 days ago and you can see why I might want to

review the content for an important drill we are conducting tomorrow.

Instead of just looking at my producteev task, I had to dig it out of

email  (which I luckily hadn't deleted).

Here is a screenshot of the email I sent (taken from my sent folder on

google mail):

And here is a screenshot of my producteev task:

Amber

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Nick Church <

Those screenshots will be extremely helpful. Let me do some troubleshooting with my Gmail Account and see if I can reproduce it for our Developers.

I appreciate your sentiments, I know this has been painful for previous Producteev users and we are working hard to make Producteev just as good, and ultimately better than before. Unfortunately, developing on a whole new platform, building from the ground up, has proven to be a change that hasn't been exactly well received.

Unfortunately, what you're seeing today is a rebuild, from the ground up, to make Producteev better in the long run, we have the same development team working on the product and they're incredibly aware of what they've built and capable of rebuilding the same features back in, and exciting new features as well. I know I cannot ask you to be patient, as Producteev users have been extremely patient while we work towards better things. I can only hope that you see value in Producteev, in the product we certainly enjoy.

While I hunt down this strangeness with Google, please let me know if there is anything further I can do for you.

Kind Regards,

Nick Church

Account Support

amber.goslee

BTW, attachments used to work in Producteev.  Perhaps there is a way to

roll back the software to what was in place before Jive took over.  Just a

thought.

Amber

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Nick Church <

cli

Hi Nick,

I am using our office Mail i.s. Lotus Notes (as well full client as well web client). Both do not work and produce blank content tasks. Find attached of the producteev/jive email I received as you updated the feed. I just forwarded it to task@producteev.com. Again. Just a header, no email content appeared in producteev.2013-10-20 21_46_15-Producteev by Jive - Task management for teams.jpg