5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2013 9:18 AM by shirlin

Does anyone have a successful use case for IT Helpdesk space?

shirlin

I am helping our IT Customer Service (basically the HelpDesk team) revamp their presence in our Jive instance. The goal is to create a self-serving knowledge base filled with how'-to's, training and education on easy and common HD tickets to when and how to use our ServiceNow system.

I'm excited about this as it will be extremely important and affect the entire company. Has anyone built a solid community that serves this purpose? Did you integrate it with any other systems?

Thanks for sharing!

• Re: Does anyone have a successful use case for IT Helpdesk space?
          Megan Truett

Also very interested as we are ServiceNow clients too!

Megan, I am taking off my product manager hat for now, but what would you expect from a Jive/ServiceNow integration.

I've discussed this with a number of Jive users, that have a variety of ITSM solutions in place (ServiceNow, BMC, HP).

The primary usecases seem to be:

escalating a question in Jive to the helpdesk if it does not get answered in time

populating a Jive group/space from the knowledgebase of an ITSM solution

I used to work both for Jive, as well as the company that ServiceNow was founded out of, so this topic is very close to my heart.

ellenfeaheny

This is an awesome thread and the use cases are very similar to Atlassian JIRA in Jive integration scenarios. 50% of JIRA deployment are IT helpdesk deployments.

We also are working on new dev for Jive7 Purposeful Places for these exact use case needs described in prior comments (well, more than "working on" - very far along ..)

Be sure to see AppFusionsi at JiveWorld13 for ideas, input, feedback or new videos coming out soon as well!

Melissa.Rosen

HI Shirlin, I've got a bunch of groups that are IT-related that  have created a lot of self-serve information. To answer your question above, they aren't really integrated into the existing ticketing system that the help desk uses. But, they do serve a purpose to "offload" some of the common questions and to create a self-serve environment and mentality to help users get what they need. Here are two examples below--

1) One of the biggest requests our help desk gets is for access to applications. There are 2-3,000 applications enterprise-wide, so there is a lot of information. A group was created called "how do i request?", and contains 700 documents ("pages"), each outlining the process, contact information, requirements/approvals needed to get access to an application (one document per app). At 700 pages, this only covers the most used apps. The help desk management has put a lot of effort into advertising the group, and also instructing help desk associates to point people to this group as needed. This group is routinely the #2 viewed group each month (approx 9,000 views), second only to our african-american network. (these rankings do not include our spaces).

2) Recently, I've seen a number of groups created to aid in providing help resources for enterprise rollout (or upgrade) of certain applications. One that is especially effective is the Windows 7 Upgrade group. Rolled out in May, this group provides links to video tutorials, reference guides, discussion boards, FAQs, and a direct link to our IT help desk chat service. This group has ranked in the top 50 groups since its launch and provides valuable resources which eases the strain on the help desk.

I should probably add for reference: our user base is approx. 55-60k. We rolled out our soft launch in May of 2012 and our enterprise-wide launch in December 2012. We have over 3,000 groups so far.