In former IT swarms many project managers have expressed their reliance on a social intranet for effective and efficient project management. Focusing specifically on IT project collaboration, are there any additional social tools that your company finds beneficial that I didn't mention below?
1. Expedite decision making: clear responsibilities/action items, decisions are obvious
2. Centralize and share files: reduced duplication of work
3. Integrate with other necessary software/apps: email, MS Office, SharePoint, project management systems, etc.
4. Create external groups to include partners, clients and contractors: communication online reduces meeting/email load
5. Work remotely through mobile interface
I especially want to hear from you Project Managers!