25 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 9:03 AM by jpayne@akamai.com

Jive for ipad ios7

surquiza

I installed today ios 7 in my ipad, and got problems with the jive ipad app. I did not make an extensive test but:

- could not access groups, the app cancels when trying to enter

- when reading the inbox all fonts overlap

Does anybody know when Jive is planning to release an update?

• Re: Jive for ipad ios7
          mrjonkhoo

Our company also has some members reporting the Jive Software app crashing and overlapping fonts... we'd also be keen to know about a bug-fix update...

iGirlx
            Played with that Jive iPad app in iOS7 and ran into several issues:

1) unable to launch places (i.e. Groups , spaces, projects), when clicking on a place, the app crashes.  The same happens for people.

2) when going into Inbox, fonts are bleeding to each other.

3) unable to open some of the posts (I.e. First post & some from Ryan Rutan ) in Inbox

I will open a case to Jive support to hopefully get resolutions to these issues.

alistair

We have been preparing to roll out the Jive iOS App to our community and have discovered that a few issues have emerged after upgrading to iOS 7.

• App crashes when trying to select a Person or a Place, either from a search or from an activity stream
              • App crashes when trying to open Document content types
              • When viewing attached files (such as PDF) from a Discussion, blank area is left over and screen becomes unresponsive after closing PDF (see image below)
              • Overlapping fonts

I am using version 0.6.0 (4) of the application on a brand new iPad 64gb model running iOS 7.

As it appears a number of institutions are running into this problem, I hope Jive will address this as an overall issue rather than having to deal with multiple individual tickets about the same thing.

blank-discussion.png

iGirlx

I believe this is a bug that Jive is working on.

Giving a shout out to Ryan Rutan to give us all the Bug Badge for reporting this and drawing attention to Jive about this bug!  The bug badge is hard to get...

mrjonkhoo

Hmmmn.. we might have another to add.. so on the latest release 0.7.1 (6)... the create video option is triggering a camera, rather than video.. I'll file a support case too... it had worked yesterday and was a great feature...

• Jive for ipad ios7
                    danmpark

Tried to run this application, but it crashes on start every time I launch it.  Deinstalled, reinstalled, rebooted my iPad, but no joy.  Will Jive be releasing an update soon?

We use SAML authentication and that worked, but immediately after authentication it crashes.  Then crashes immediately on start up once authenticated.  Very frustrating.....

• Jive for ipad ios7
                        danmpark

Forgot to note, version of app I'm trying to run is 0.7.1, the latest available, released 10/3/2013....

xsingy

Jive for iPad 0.7.1 still closes automatically a few seconds after login (we are using SAML on iPad 3.) There seems to be two threads on the same topic; here's the other one: https://community.jivesoftware.com/thread/256611

xsingy

FYI - problem is gone trying again today (no re-installation or any action from our side)

danmpark

Glad it worked for you.  I'm still crashing, so must be related to what is occurring within Jive and consumed and presented by the application.

Hope that the Jive iPad application developers can resolve the issue.

My two cents worth, I would rather have a fully functional "working" web based HTML5 client for Jive that ran on all tablets in lieu of a flakey iPad application.

danmpark

So I just watched the Jive Fall 2013 Cloud Release, and the IOS application looks quite useful!  However, I see show stoppers that Jive must address:

1. It cannot crash on launch or when clicking on content.  This version crashes on launch, the previous version crashed every time we clicked on a Person.
                                        2. It must work with SAML authentication reliably and preferably as simple as applications like WebEx on the iPad or iPhone
                                        3. It must support access to External Groups. Therefore, for companies like us that use SAML authentication, you will need some way to allow our external users in, like you do when we access via https.

We have many executives using iPads, but they have little tolerance for applications that crash!

danmpark

I just noticed that the SAML login does allow access to both my company and our External groups.  This is huge as now our external partners may use the Jive application too.

However, Jive needs to improve the SAML experience so that we: 1) have single sign-on (SSO) on the iPad and 2) we're not always prompted as to whether we're with the company or external, see screen shot below:

jive-login2.png

The problem is that Jive is using an embedded version of the Safari browser to present the SAML login screen.  Therefore, if I've already authenticated to other SAML applications on my iPad, the SAML cookie is not available and I have to login again to access Jive.  Or, if I have embedded applications in Jive that access SAML sites, I have to login to that site as the SAML cookie from my Jive login is not available.  Additionally, I always have to select company or external every time too., whereas, if I did that with the web version Jive would plant a cookie and remember the selection, but it cannot with an embed browser.

So what is the answer, well I suggest that you do what WebEx does, they launch the real Safari browser on their iPad application for SAML authentication and SSO works!  What a wonderful user experience.

And a couple of outer issues I suggest that Jive consider:

• You are not caching the Jive login URL, so I have to reenter it every time after I logout.

• I'm getting SAML crashes occasionally in the Jive iPad application and I think it may be due to authentication timeouts between our SAML cookie and what Jive is using on the iPad.  After a crash, I have to go to the login screen again and then reenter the Jive URL and again re-authenticate.  I would guess that my token has expired, but Jive thinks it's good and then it crashes and I get a screen full of error messages as we have logging turned on in our cloud Jive instance.  This is somewhat tricky, have a look at this article and discuss with Tim Dooher at Jive as we've been working with Jive for a long time to get SAML reliable.

Thanks, just want Jive on an iPad to be a wonderful experience for our employees and external partners.

xsingy

Problem is back...

justin.kaufman@pinnacol.com

We're having the same problem (immediate crashing) and we've narrowed it down to specific accounts that make the app crash in 0.7.1

I'm able to sign into 0.7.1 on multiple iPads without any problems but my manager's account will make my iPad and his crash every time.

My manager's account is working in Jive 0.6 (iOS 6) just fine.

tmcg

Another confirmation, so to speak, app crashes after SSO auth on ios7, latest version from the app store.