2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2013 12:52 AM by tswjy1984

Apps n00b

DominicG

Hi Ryan Rutan and Mark Weitzel,

I created a sandbox account and went through the Hello World tutorial. That was several months ago.

Today, I'm trying to evaluate a certain third party partner's App. I'm on a mac. When I type jiveapps create tmtest I get an error.

nmalbmac0478748:~$ jiveapps create tmtest

=== Creating new Jive App "tmtest"...

Step 1 of 4. Checking availability and creating remote repository... /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/jiveapps-1.0.7/lib/jiveapps/client.rb:49:in `post_app': undefined method `body' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/jiveapps-1.0.7/lib/jiveapps/client.rb:59:in `create'

from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/jiveapps-1.0.7/lib/jiveapps/commands/app.rb:119:in `create_remote_app'

from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/jiveapps-1.0.7/lib/jiveapps/commands/app.rb:66:in `create'

from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/jiveapps-1.0.7/lib/jiveapps/command.rb:46:in `send'

from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/jiveapps-1.0.7/lib/jiveapps/command.rb:46:in `run_internal'

from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/jiveapps-1.0.7/lib/jiveapps/command.rb:19:in `run'

from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/jiveapps-1.0.7/bin/jiveapps:15

from /usr/bin/jiveapps:19:in `load'

from /usr/bin/jiveapps:19

nmalbmac0478748:~$

I re-registered here Jive Developers: Register : Developer, but I can't login to https://sandbox.jiveon.com/. It doesn't seem to recognize my credentials.

I don't know what I'm doing. Can you please help?

Thanks!

-Dominic

• Re: Apps n00b
          DominicG

I'm making a little more progress now. Did you do something?

nmalbmac0478748:~$ jiveapps create tmtest

=== Creating new Jive App "tmtest"...

Step 1 of 4. Checking availability and creating remote repository... FAILURE

Error on "name":

- has already been taken

nmalbmac0478748:~ $ jiveapps create tmtest2

=== Creating new Jive App "tmtest2"...

Step 1 of 4. Checking availability and creating remote repository... SUCCESS

Step 2 of 4. Generating app scaffolding...

Enter App Title or hit enter for default [tmtest2]:

Enter App Description or hit enter for default [Description of tmtest2]: Just another test

create 

create  javascripts

create  stylesheets

create  images

create  app.xml

create  canvas.html

create  home.html

create  hello.html

create  stylesheets/main.css

create  javascripts/main.js

create  images/icon16.png

create  images/icon48.png

create  images/icon128.png

Step 3 of 4. Creating local Git repository and pushing to remote... The authenticity of host 'apphosting.jivesoftware.com (204.93.64.228)' can't be established.

RSA key fingerprint is 38:a3:60:d1:7d:f2:b5:22:33:f0:84:91:fd:2f:9d:3a.

Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes

SUCCESS

Step 4 of 4. Registering app on the Jive Apps Dev Center and installing on sandbox... FAILURE

Error:

- failed to install on sandbox

nmalbmac0478748:~$