5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2013 10:38 AM by bbenton

What gains points on this community?

bbenton

I saw a link to this the other day but I can't find it now. I know voting in polls gets 5 points, nothing for voting up ideas. Starting a discussion two points, and that's about all I can work out for everyday contributions. I know some everyday contributions add up to points over a month but I'm not clear on how many of what you need to do for what.

Also, is there something on points for on prem v6 OOTB? I'll go and check the Community Admin guide again but maybe this is all linked on here already, thanks.

• Re: What gains points on this community?
          roguen

Hi Belinda

Here is what Jive 6 OOB scoring might look like:

Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 9.22.14 AM.png

Obviously it depends on what you want active and the value that you want to give to it.

The Jive Community Community point values are going to be more abstract as they have regular contact points and then mission bonuses which may or may not be re-occuring.  Let me see what I can dig up without being someone with access to the gamification console.

For instance.  I've noticed

• Vote on a poll - 5pts
          • Status update - 2 pts
          • Create a discussion - 2pts
          • Create a document - 4 pts
          • Upload a document - 4pts
          • Putting tags on your content - 1 pt per tag, up to 11 per day
          • Marking your question as correct (cannot mark you own response as correct) - 10 pts
          • Get your answer marked as correct in the Support and Producteev Support spaces - 100pts, up to 10 times per day.

I could check out more, but my point history is broken, so at the moment I am not actually sure where exactly some of mine even come from.

roguen

Also,

I don't think there are points for getting or giving a 'like'

You also get the 100 pts for a helpful answer in those places

Blogs also give you 4 pts (though most of us have nowhere to post a blog)

No points for

• Commenting/Replying
              • Creating cases in your private support groups (I think all points are turned off there)
              1 person found this helpful
                  bbenton

Many thanks for the comprehensive replies Roguen. There is quite a difference and that is what I'd been noticing in the various communities I'm in. Ironically someone bookmarked this thread which notified me and that's where I remember seeing the 'How to get points' link. It doesn't go to a list but you can work it out from your history.

My ranking is back! That had disappeared for a while. I really did think I just wasn't getting point any more but the truth is my use had probably changed.

roguen

Well, it's working and it's really kind of not working.  For instance: here is your history which has items from over a week ago.  That's clearly out of date and should be real time.

Issues like this started popping up after the latest Bunchball update and they've been reported.

Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 12.23.51 PM.png

then you'll see this:

I'm not sure if this is real time because the rank system really hasn't been working for a long time.  But what I do know is that the bunchball update at least updated peoples ranks and points to that point.

Notice that your rank shows 3277, but your points are 3295.

This has been reported as well.

Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 12.23.59 PM.png

Point systems will certainly vary from community to community, because every community is a little different and they want to drive behaviors differently.

The gamification module just adds onto that out of the box behavior.

My pleasure providing any insights and answers!  Keep 'em coming!

1 person found this helpful