4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 6:44 PM by RichardRashty

Video Intro in Profile Area?

crline

Hi Fellow CM's!

A request came in today from leadership where they want to allow employees to upload a video about themselves instead of just a static profile photo. The only way out of the box i can think to do it is if we add a Field and then each employee would upload their video to the "RWorld Community" (our instance) and then they would need to add the URL to their profile. Not ideal but that's all I have come up with.

Is anyone else out here doing the same thing or figure out a way to do this? We want employees to introduce themselves, what they do...who they are...etc. Give it a personal touch.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Courtney

• Re: Video Intro in Profile Area?
          RichardRashty

What about setting up a specific space labeled sort of as a "virtual mixer"...a digital hangout where Ricoh-USA folks can create and upload those short videos branding themselves?

RichardRashty

What could be interesting is to somehow have it show up in the user's profile card as the mouse hoovers on their name..not sure what is involved in that...just brainstorming..

crline

Thanks! That's was what we were considering at first, a dedicated space but we thought it would be cool to have it resident on the profile page. My thought was create a new field, then have employees upload their video but it would be on them to link it in their profile for now.....We will see, maybe in Jive 7?

RichardRashty

Yea, some great new features in JIVE 7.  

I brought up the "create spaces” idea, but personally it could be a bit boring….create the space, put a link on the profile…yadda, yadda, yadda.  I prefer, all things equal, some creative mechanism in relationship building….which is what this ideas is meant to bring about.. Maybe on the business card, something that says "I am..”..which links to the video stored in the space where the people answer the question of "I am….”    J