5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 11:49 AM by james.ungerer+deactivated

Help for streams?

AmandaS

Hello - are you planning any videos on streams?  Custom streams (why you'd want one), editing streams, and the differences between Connections, Email Watches, Inbox, and Actions are the biggest confusion points we're getting from people.  Would love to see something on that - there is nothing in the ootb Getting Started either.

Also, I really had to hunt to find this area - it'd be great if someone could remove the old areas or at least put some big pointers on the Overview to this place and what the old place vs. this place are for.

Thanks.

• Re: Help for streams?
          jmistretta

I agree, this would be a great training video!!

Carrie Gilbert

Thanks for the feedback, Amanda! We begin to address the distinction between connections and inbox in Jive Training: Intro to Jive, but you're right, there is a lot more nuance there than we attempted in that video. We don't have a more detailed one on deck just yet, but in the mean time, perhaps this section of our documentation might be useful: Jive 6 | Cloud

And I will definitely pass along your feedback to our product team as well, because having more info about those topics baked into the UX (like via Getting Started, as you said) makes a lot of sense, too.

Can you clarify your second comment about finding this area? Do you mean it was tricky to find the videos space from the main training space? That overview page could certainly use some housekeeping—I will see what I can do!

jmistretta

Any progress on a video about Connection Streams?  I think it's a feature under utilized in our environment and so we are going to try to educate people more on this great feature.  Would love to have a video on this.

Carrie Gilbert

Hi Jen, we currently don't have any new videos in the works, but we are actively rethinking our self-paced training approach and I will make sure that folks know that this is a common request so that we can get this particular topic addressed soon. Thanks for your patience!

Videos on Custom Streams and the News Page are coming!  We don't have an exact time line but these will be very high priority for our Jive 8 videos.