5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 11:00 AM by Caton Guilbault

Set threshold for 'rated' action

redaye

Is it possible that we can establish a minimum threshold for something to trigger an action.

I'm thinking of a case where I want a user to have points generated if their content is rated, but I want it to be a 3 star or above in order to give points. Contributions at 1 or 2 star level should not get any points.

I'm not seeing a way to edit that on the action itself, where could I make that adjustment?

• Re: Set threshold for 'rated' action

Hey Ryan,

Love the idea, but at the moment we are only capturing 'ratings' not any specific 1-5 rating.  My only suggestion would be to make it part of the mix of all different social actions.  So a rating = get 5 points.  Like = get 10 points.  Bookmark = get 15 points.  Etc.  That way a single 1 star rating won't impact their overall points too much, but a heavily used doc will.

redaye

Yea, I'm just thinking of using it as a way for someone to build reputation based on feedback from others. I don't really want to reward someone for content they did that's very bad (aka 1 or 2 star)

Caton Guilbault

Great idea Ryan!

I agree this would be a great addition to the gamification system! It rewards content creators only when their content is deemed valuable by users. Bonus would be ignoring ratings/likes from the content creator themselves, we wouldn't want anyone to game the system. ;-) 

Can you add this to the requested features pile Curtis Gross ?

Ted Hopton

Where is the requested features pile? Would love to see that and be able to add to it or +1 suggestions.

Caton Guilbault

I would suggest an ideas widget for this space that showcases gamification ideas ranked by votes so everyone could easily vote up the features they find most beneficial. I know using some of the already awesome features of Jive to make life easier for everyone is a super crazy idea.

Back to the original topic, it would appear the Bunchball system already captures the data needed for this. I accidentally ran the All Actions Logged segments report from the Nitro console and it looks like it records the rating value for the rate & rated actions. Hopefully this means this request would be fairly straightforward to implement.