3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 9:46 AM by roguen

LDAP / RSS

joseph.lorino@global-prairie.com

I'm looking for information on adding RSS feeds into our hosted site.  Also, looking for LDAP information as well.

• Re: LDAP / RSS
          roguen

Hi Joseph,

What version of Jive are you running, and do you have access to a dev or staging enviroment?

There is an RSS feed widget out of the box on most versions of Jive which can be dragged and dropped onto the page.  There is also LDAP integration functionality on most versions.

With a Jive version I may be able to point you in the direction of documentation if that is your desire.

joseph.lorino@global-prairie.com

Hi Roguen - Thanks for the reply!

We are hosted.  Version is Jive SBS 7.0.0.0 7c3.

We have LDAP for authentication setup but I am trying to find out if we can write a module that will get some data from an LDAP query and display it such as a birthday or their work anniversary.

roguen

Here is the documentation regarding LDAP for your version: Jive Cloud Community Manager Documentation

Based on the fact you're a cloud instance of Jive, you won't be able to customize this in the same way that you would with what Jive terms "hosted" or on-prem installations (They differentiate between cloud and hosted and currently 7.x is only cloud).

From what I see in the documentation, there does not appear to be a way to map the additional fields you're looking for, but I could be missing something.  These would be mapped to profile values using system properties.