22 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 6:07 AM by judicardinal

Resonata - Anyone Else Using?

Caton Guilbault

Hey Jivers,

Has anyone else started using the new Resonata system? I would love to hear what others have done or plan to do in the future.

Hey Jive - Can we get a Resonata category in this space please?

• Re: Resonata - Anyone Else Using?
          mark_h_intel

We added Resonata to our external communities late last year. I'm interested in hearing how anyone else is using the tool. So far Resonata seems to be useful for seeing a snapshot of what's going on in a particular space (or other filter.) You can get real time information very quickly and the drill down features let you quickly modify your search by adding a filter (which you can easily remove.) Anyway, I'm really just getting started, so I'd love to know what others think.

Mark Hanna (Mark_H_Intel) on Twitter

rmkingsland

We just implemented it about 2 months ago with our upgrade to Jive 7. I've poked around with it a bit, but have been so busy with all the other things going on with the launch of the new upgraded community. I'd really like to see what people are finding as most useful.

Caton Guilbault

We are using it to find and address hot topics or flame wars as they arise. I've also found the user filter handy to isolate posts from staff members or highly engaged users (we call them Pillars) to showcase how effective the SBS model can be in addressing customer questions in almost real-time. A similar use case was to help identify potential new Pillars by looking at all activity in the last 6 months and finding the most prolific posters then drilling down to look at the sentiment of those posts if its positive we try and engage with them individually if its negative we coach to the proper use of our community.

Its also provides a really easy way to quantify spam posts, I just wish the Jive interceptors could learn from Resonata and vise versa.

rmkingsland

looping Max Calderon in on this

edit: and rick.vidrio

nataliemetzinger

Hi everyone.Is Resonata also available for internal communities? Is it possible to measure KPI's with this tool? Thank you for sharing your experience

ngable

We just got it about a month ago, have been using it to streamline daily browsing for topics. I've found that the sentiment tracker isn't always spot on in terms of getting the context right, but any time words like "problem" or "error" show up in our community (support community primarily), there's a good chance I'll want to take a look at that thread even if the context is "Can you recreate the problem?" or "Error logs" or what have you. Basically, I check out all threads with highly charged sentiment one wya or the other, and then drill down to see exactly what's going on. Saves a ton of time vs having to manually check the popular containers.

I also set up initiatives for our critical support phrases like "ticket" or "support" or "help" indicating that a user is having a technical problem and needs direct attention. Most of these have been false alarms so far, but it's nice to have a daily report that pulls up all threads with those keywords so I can take a quick look.

Also really helps in finding success stories - the positive sentiment is usually more accurate than negative, so you search out posts like "thanks for the help" or "glad it got resolved." I used Resonata to help whip up a couple success stories for a Steering committee meeting last week! Also, the visualizations make it easy to take a screenshot of a certain drilldown and pop that straight into weekly reports for executives/thought leaders who want to get a sense for "what are people actually talking about on the community?"

Anyways. I really like the tool so far, great time saver and makes it easy to spot patterns in your community content from afar.

stacy_k

I am curious for those that are using Resonata for a public community. Have you found a way to easily decipher between your internal and external users?

judicardinal

Hello,

We are evaluating the business case for purchasing Resonata in 2016. I am looking to talk to some external community managers that are currently using the product or I could pull together a call for us to discuss together. I have seen a demo of the product, however we are looking at some of the business justification topic's.

Some questions are:

• What was your threshold of members or posts to determine that this software was needed?
                        • What were your specific objective's and did the software accomplish them?
                        • Would you say it was a good purchase?

Thank you,

Judi

Caton Guilbault

Hey Judi,

They way I broke it down for the folks holding the purse strings was by asking if we wanted to try and understand all of the activity on our instances. After they said yes to that question I framed up the purchase in cost of people to do the understanding. Basically do you want to pay a person (maybe multiple people) to read everything, collate data on what they read, and communicate that data back to stake holders?  Or would it be more cost effective to buy this nifty tool that let's the individual stake holders easily find relevant content, see some stats about that content, and quickly send a report out to any interested parties?

The TLDR version was, is ~$20K/year/instance cheaper than hiring someone? If yes, then buy the software.

My answers to your specific questions:

• What was your threshold of members or posts to determine that this software was needed?
                              • Are you generating more content than you can read, if yes then buy.
                            • What were your specific objective's and did the software accomplish them?
                              • Helps us really understand what the users are saying and their sentiment at scale.
                            • Would you say it was a good purchase?
                              • Yes and I asked for it to be added to our renewal

I would also add that we really like the user licensing and UI design. This allows us to give access to individuals/teams who want to follow conversation on specific topics/spaces with a quick 30min training on how to use the tool.