6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 10:45 AM by ErinLouise

Encouraging poster to mark responses as correct

lyndsay_lantz

Has anyone leveraged a workflow or setting in Jive to encourage posters to mark responses as correct?  It would be really neat to have a rule where if a thread has a response and hasn't been marked as answered in a set amount of time, it would send an email to the poster encouraging them to mark a response as correct or post the issue resolution.

Has anyone implemented anything like this or is everyone doing manually moderation?

Thanks!

Lyndsay

• Re: Encouraging poster to mark responses as correct
          DGarber

That is a good idea!  We contact the original poster and ask them to mark it as correct or helpful.  Sometimes if it has been sitting there for a long time, plus it has been answered, I will go in and mark "assumed answered".

Curious what others are doing.

mnevill

I like the idea of a reminder to let an author know their thread is still in an unresolved state.  It would be great for the system to auto prompt them to either get some more attention on it with a "bump" or an update, or if replies are present for them to select an answer.   If there is an idea on that, please post a link and I will go vote it up.  I also think when replies are offered having something like this may help: https://community.jivesoftware.com/ideas/1118

We have SMEs who will scan the responses and select a correct answer if we are sure it is correct.  Otherwise we will mark it as assumed answered or prompt the author to supply an update.  Our rule is to wait a reasonable amount of time without the author responding or marking their own answers before we act.  Typically when we mark answers, we will add a comment letting the author know we marked it on their behalf, and to let us know if they still need help.  The bad news of this approach is it takes resources and time to follow-up.  The good news is a more accurate measure of how many questions really have a solution.  To supplement this approach every so often we will have clean up effort.  We do that by pulling a list of all unanswered questions from the system database to work off of.  This seems to work well if you have the dedicated staff to pull it off.

Thanks,
              Matt

nicole.g

Does your Community grant points when a user marks as Helpful or Correct?

I manage a community that averages about 5,000 users a day and they are all over this and anything they can do to earn points. A user will usually @ mention me or someone asking how to flag as answered or Helpful right away. We haven't incorporated prizes yet but they sure do love see their point counts grow. 

mnevill

Nicole Gutierrez - Are you saying points are awarded to the author of the original question who selects another user's reply on their thread as Helpful or Correct?  In our version the points go to the author of the reply that was marked as Helpful or Correct, not to the author of the question for selecting a Helpful or Correct answer:

Admin Console > People > Settings > Status Level Settings:

Points.jpg

Thanks,
                  Matt

ErinLouise

We do give points to users who's answer to questions are marked as helpful or correct but I'm not sure there is an option to award points to the OP who marks that answer correct or helpful. This has helped encourage our students to help one another but we still do a lot of clean up marking items as assumed answered or helpful correct. A reminder to mark your questions as answered would be great.