0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2013 5:31 PM by shanna

Git Push failed for "jiveapps create app-name"

shanna

I'm completing the setup exercise for the Jive World 2013 pre-conference technical training. I am running into a Git Push/Could not read from remote repository issue. Looks like the issue had occurred periodically and may be to do with the remote servers at Jive not sync'ing up properly. Could someone at Jive please check? If this is a pilot error, I'm happy to fix my environment. I tried re-generating my keys, removing them cleanly with jiveapps keys: remove, etc. Nothing works.

See https://community.jivesoftware.com/message/1401359#1401359 for possible related investigation.

$ jiveapps create xchange4

c:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require':

iconv will be deprecated in the future, use String#encode instead.

c:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/systemu-2.2.0/lib/systemu.rb:29: Use RbConfi

g instead of obsolete and deprecated Config.

=== Creating new Jive App "xchange4"...

Step 1 of 4. Checking availability and creating remote repository... SUCCESS

Step 2 of 4. Generating app scaffolding...

NOTE: Gem.cache is deprecated, use Gem::source_index. It will be removed on or a

fter 2011-08-01.

Gem.cache called from c:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rubigen-1.5.5/lib/rubi

gen/lookup.rb:284.

NOTE: Gem.source_index is deprecated, use Specification. It will be removed on o

r after 2011-11-01.

Gem.source_index called from c:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems.rb:117

NOTE: Gem::SourceIndex#each is deprecated with no replacement. It will be remove

d on or after 2011-11-01.

Gem::SourceIndex#each called from c:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rubigen-1.

5.5/lib/rubigen/lookup.rb:284.

Enter App Title or hit enter for default [xchange4]:

Enter App Description or hit enter for default [Description of xchange4]:

create

create  javascripts

create  stylesheets

create  images

create  app.xml

create  canvas.html

create  home.html

create  hello.html

create  stylesheets/main.css

create  javascripts/main.js

create  images/icon16.png

create  images/icon48.png

create  images/icon128.png

Step 3 of 4. Creating local Git repository and pushing to remote... FAILURE

Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights

and the repository exists.

Git Push failed. Deleting app and cleaning up. Check SSH key and try again:

$ jiveapps keys:list

$ jiveapps keys:remove <user@machine>

$ jiveapps keys:add

$ jiveapps create xchange4

!   Errors: